• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

anyone pls advise...

Started by akd, April 04, 2010, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akd

Date Registerd:Today at 05:50:07 pm

I am considering buying a 4-rack BDS. Question...will the digital area be destroyed in bad weather or rain if not covered, standing on open patio...akd

pensrock

I would say yes, you should keep it out of bad weather. Mine is kept on a covered deck, others keep them in a garage. Others have them inside a small shed like structure.

standles

Min is on a covered deck and I keep it covered to avoid blown rain.   Not seen many electronic devices that fared well with water.

MPTubbs

You can buy a cover for the smoker and take the generator inside when not in use.

That's my plan when I move my D6R from garage to backyard for summer usage.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Caneyscud

We'll see in a day or two.  Mine got rained on Sat. a week ago.  I've been drying it out since.  Usually keep it in a cabinet outside but this time was rushing and did not put it away - It wasn't "supposed" to rain. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Rich_91360

When I recently purchased ny DBS-6 also got the cover.  Well worth it, easy to place over unit.  Just wait until it cools down before covering

Gizmo

I would highly recommend the cover and at the very least put something over the smoke generator itself.
Now I must confess, my unit is outside 7/24, 365 and many a time I have left it uncovered including days that it rained and it is still working.  Now I also must admit that sunny southern Cali is not the most severe weather the Bradley has had to endure.
So in closing, the Bradley is a pretty tough little guy but will certainly appreciate a little protection.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

queball

I think you would be playing a game of Russian roulette with your Bradley smoker by not covering it up, At some point your going to lose. ??? Its a small price to pay to cover it up for the investment that you have in the smoker. ::)

akd

Thanks all for the advise to keep the cover against the foul weather...expecting my NEW 4-shelf BRADLEY with a cover, :D this April-14th-2010...akd

gsan1958

I built a little platform with wheels that I placed my smoker on to make it easy to move in and out of the garage.  Makes it simple to keep it out of the weather but still easy to move outside when I'm ready to smoke.

DTAggie

The cover Bradley sells is a must.  Living in north Texas mine has been through a foot a snow (yes a foot this year) and some big rain.  No problems what so ever.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: gsan1958 on June 07, 2010, 01:49:13 PM
I built a little platform with wheels that I placed my smoker on to make it easy to move in and out of the garage.  Makes it simple to keep it out of the weather but still easy to move outside when I'm ready to smoke.

Hiya gsan and welcome to the Forum!