Pastrami sandwich recipes Please

Started by love the smoke, April 06, 2010, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

Just got done making a good sized pastrami now I need to start eating that baby so I would like a few  pastrami sandwich recipes

Thanks

LTS
LTS

FLBentRider

We lay slices on a sheet pan, add a slice of (swiss) cheese, and under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.

Add to bread with your choice of condiments.

Enjoy.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

drewpatton

I like to lay the meat on a piece of bread, then put another piece on top of the meat!

Ka Honu

Build from bottom up using -

• One slice rye bread,
   • pastrami (heated) - Don't lay the slices on neatly; pile them high,
   • sauerkraut (drained),
   • Swiss cheese,
   • another slice rye spread with mustard.

You can certainly add other stuff (pickles, onion, coleslaw, dressing, etc.) but, other than either lightly toasting the bread beforehand or pan grilling the sandwich before serving, I'm not sure why you'd want to do anything else.  If you don't pan grill, you should use FLBR's suggestion to melt the cheese.

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 06, 2010, 05:19:47 PM
Build from bottom up using -

• One slice rye bread,
   • pastrami (heated) - Don't lay the slices on neatly; pile them high,
   • sauerkraut (drained),
   • Swiss cheese,
   • another slice rye spread with mustard.

You can certainly add other stuff (pickles, onion, coleslaw, dressing, etc.) but, other than either lightly toasting the bread beforehand or pan grilling the sandwich before serving, I'm not sure why you'd want to do anything else.  If you don't pan grill, you should use FLBR's suggestion to melt the cheese.

Isn't that Reuben Sandwich?
I like a variation on the Monte Cristo. Pastrami and swiss cheese sandwich, dip it in egg wash and fry like french toast. It is yummy.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on April 06, 2010, 07:19:31 PMIsn't that Reuben Sandwich?

Pretty much except that a Reuben has (ugh!) Russian or sometimes Thousand Island dressing instead of mustard.

ArnieM

I'm pretty much with drew on this one.  Maybe some spicy mustard.  Clausen (sic?) makes some great sweet and sour pickles.  They're kinda crinkle cut the long way; crunchy and tasty.  Other than that, you wanna taste the beef don't ya?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

I like this for lunch.

Take some Rotella's Vienna thick sliced bread, put real mayo on one slice, some horseradish spread on the other pile on some beef on each slice and add a couple shots plain old mustard in the middle. Maybe even throw on a slice of pepper jack in the mix.

squirtthecat

At work, off of the flat top w/ some provo cheese and spicy mustard.

She also does it w/ grilled onions/peppers on some toasted bread.    That one was so go, I forgot to snap a picture of it before I ate 2/3rds of it. 

KyNola

Bread, pastrami, spicy brown mustard...DONE!

KevinG

Boy, I just ate, and squirt that sandwich has my stomach growling already.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ExpatCanadian

KevinG

Looks like you have a few extra there. I'll take one.

Ka Honu

Nice try, Kevin, but I don't think there's any such thing as "a few extra" pastrami sandwiches if you're only using one loaf of bread.

KevinG

Guess I'll have to go into stealth mode, put on some canadian camo and do a sneak attack on those bad boys.