• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked pulled picnic

Started by OU812, April 15, 2010, 09:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 15, 2010, 01:59:34 PM

Bet you could steam some of those beer and cheese bratwursts and finish on the grill in less than an hr.
Had some of them for lunch.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 15, 2010, 02:13:20 PM

Bet you could steam some of those beer and cheese bratwursts and finish on the grill in less than an hr.

Got any of that brisket left?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 15, 2010, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 15, 2010, 02:13:20 PM

Got any of that brisket left?
I barley had enough to make sammies for work Monday night. We got it covered now Momma is going to slice up some kielbasa, pan fry it, through in some garlic and herb sketti sauce and make sketti with garlic bread. Sounds good to me!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

Smoking a butt tomorrow - first one.  I do not have the bear claws.  What is the best way to pull it apart?

ArnieM

Quote from: DTAggie on April 15, 2010, 09:03:15 PM
Smoking a butt tomorrow - first one.  I do not have the bear claws.  What is the best way to pull it apart?

Large forks.  Fingers.  Friendly dogs - naw that won't work.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Looks interesting. What was your final internal temperature? I don't go to high with picnics, so I generally will slice or chop.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 16, 2010, 02:53:59 AM
Looks interesting. What was your final internal temperature? I don't go to high with picnics, so I generally will slice or chop.

I was shootin for 190 F but it was gettin late so I pulled it out of the smoker at 186 F FTC over night then in the mornin I took outta the cooler and pulled.

When I unwrapped it it just fell apart and the bone pulled out with no resistance at all.

Got 2 more of these babys in the freezer, goin to do the next one like a roast and serve with mashed taters and gravy made with the drippins.

SnellySmokesEm

I am sort of confused here.  I was under the impression that a pork butt, boston butt, pork shoulder and the picnic were all the same cut of pork,  Am I wrong?
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on April 16, 2010, 06:17:36 AM
I am sort of confused here.  I was under the impression that a pork butt, boston butt, pork shoulder and the picnic were all the same cut of pork,  Am I wrong?

Yep.  ;D

The pork butt, boston butt and pork shoulder are the same and come from the upper part of front leg, the picnic comes from lower part of the leg between the shoulder and the hock.

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: OU812 on April 16, 2010, 06:28:01 AM
Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on April 16, 2010, 06:17:36 AM

Yep.  ;D

The pork butt, boston butt and pork shoulder are the same and come from the upper part of front leg, the picnic comes from lower part of the leg between the shoulder and the hock.

OK  Thanks OU for clearing that up for me.   :)
BBQ Evangelist

oakville smoker

Nice job, damn that makes me hungry

I have shied away from tryng to pull a picnic but I am going to try it now
Picinics are always way cheaper than butts around here

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Quote from: oakville smoker on April 16, 2010, 07:08:07 AM
Nice job, damn that makes me hungry

I have shied away from tryng to pull a picnic but I am going to try it now
Picinics are always way cheaper than butts around here

This picnic was only $.99/lb couldnt pass it up, picked up 4 of them.

The first one went into some sausage, this one was pulled, duh, the next will be a roast.

Still kickin around what to do with the last one, kinda thinkin of makin it into a picnic ham.

ArnieM

Daughter # 2 scored on two for $.59/Lb a couple of months ago.  I got one  :D 

Made this and it came out good.  http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/dining/021mrex.html?_r=4&pagewanted=print
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: ArnieM on April 16, 2010, 08:44:05 AM

Made this and it came out good.  http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/dining/021mrex.html?_r=4&pagewanted=print

It seems as if that page requires a membership to open...   ???
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on April 16, 2010, 08:44:05 AM

You made the New York Times?  ;D