• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Big Sales/Deep Discounts

Started by JJC, May 12, 2005, 12:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

Hi All,

I was just wondering if there is any value in a topic that is devoted to listing food or smoking/grilling accessories that seem to be an especially good value.  The idea is to have one Topic that members could check each week or so to look for bargains instead of having such posts spread out all over the place.

I would like to avoid "price comparisons" on items like the BS or wood pucks or other items that are sold by Bradley, Chez, BigSmoker, and other regulars on the Forum.  

However, in the past few weeks we have had members post really useful "sale items" that range from chicken-on-a-throne racks to meat and veggie prices to vacuum sealer and sausage maker units.  However, these posts are spread out all over the place and not always easy to find or identify based on the topic title.

If we want to do this, the posts need to be as specific as possible including naming the store, website, etc.  I realize that many of these posts will be quite regional (like my sample post to follow, or Habs recent post on peppers at $1.99/lb in the Northeast that is ludicrously expensive to those furhter west), but I for one would love to know if someone has a great sale in my area on Boston Butts or peppers or smoking and grilling gadgets.

I do want to emphasize that I think we should stay away from the truly central BS items that various Forum members carry to avoid awkwardness and hard feelings.

I'll post a sample in a minute . . .

BTW, if there's no interest in this, or folks see problems with it, just be blunt and say so!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

Just went to my local Stop+Shop and found cubanelle peppers on sale for $1.29/lb. thru Sat, 5/14.  Normal price is $2.99/lb.  These peppers make great ABTs because of their heat, and their size makes it easy to work with (see pic below).  Heat level is around 5-6 on a 10-point scale (jalapenos are about 4).  Scoville units are about 10-15,000.  Stop+Shops are common throughout New England the Middle Atlantic.

Posting a pic in case these puppies go by a different name where you live:

John
Newton MA

John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

Good idea.

I would write more, but now I have to go to Stop & Shop[:)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

Kind of look like a Pablano, but they are typicaly a much darker deeper green.  Those look good. More room for filling also. You'd know I'd try 'em.  I stuff my Pablanos with a super sharp cheddar and bacon[:p] bits then wrap with cheap bacon to hold the goodies in.

Good idea John, would like to see how the rest of the folks live.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

simmy

I think that is an excellent idea posting things like that John. I hope to participate in the near future.

Steve

Phone Guy

<font size="4"><font color="red">SCROLL DOWN AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON MY NEXT POST</font id="red"></font id="size4">

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />This is a great deal!!! I just ordered one.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jhtml?_requestid=28430
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi PG--the addy just took me to a Cabelas page with no specific product . . . can you re-check and re-post the addy?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Phone Guy

Thats strange. I copied the URL and reposted it and logged out and back in and the URL does not take me to the product. But I believe this will work..

1.  http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/order-by-catalog-number.jhtml?hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS

2. Enter catalog <font color="red"># 4BH-51-4280         </font id="red">&lt;---- cut and paste this number

3. click- <font color="red">Find Products</font id="red">

<font color="blue">This is a special deal on commercial injectors. Normaly $24.99 and $34.99. Now only $6.99 and $7.99</font id="blue">

JJC

Thanks, PG--that is a terrific price.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

PhoneGuy the reason it did not work is this is an older style board and the [url] tags are limited in how large an addy you can put between them. [:(]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Bobb

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Bobb!  Keep sharing your experiences (and big sale items!) with us . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Thanks Phoneguy for the injector link

I bought one of each, and they are really substantial!  Got them both last Thursday, and very nice!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

psdubl07

I bought one too, thanks! [8D]