• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Deer Loin Wrapped in Bacon

Started by OU812, April 20, 2010, 04:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

So I got this small deer loin from a doe I got last year and was lookin for some thin to do with it. Then along came Arnie in my thread on a picnic I did last weekend with this paste, go down to reply #32. Walla exactly what I was lookin for. Cut the loin in half and removed all the blue skin then did up a bacon weave.

Covered the loin with the paste, flipped over and covered the other side then stacked on top of each other.

Got the loins all wrapped up and ready for the smoker.

Heated up the smoker to 300 F then threw in the bundle of joy, when the smoker came up to 260 F I reset the PID to 260 F and smoked with 3 hr of Pecan. When the IT of the loin, makin sure the probe is in the loin and not in the middle where they were stacked, hit 148 F I pulled my bundle out and allowed to rest for a few min wile Taby finished up her mashed taters and green bean casserole and I made the gravy. I made the gravy outta beef base from Penzeys, a little pricey but a little goes a long way. The loin sliced like a slab of butter.

All plated up and ready to stuff my face.

Man O Man was that loin tender and O so moist. Heck Holly (my wife) even ate a little hunk and she dont like deer, still tryin to break her from that.

Taby and I even split a second piece of the loin, till we were so full it was almost uncomfortable.

Little side note the cumin, from Penzeys, was a little over powering but all in all it IS goin to be made again with the other loin I got from that doe.

classicrockgriller

That would make a venison eater out of almost anybody.

Looks like art work!

You gonna have to break your wife in to be your soux chef when Taby goes to school.

Both you guys did great.

Smoke some

Ketch22

I am doing that I have some in the freezer Thanks

KevinG

Now I'm bummed, I just finished off the last of my deer.  :'(
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

That looks great OU I think I have a loin or two down in the freezer
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

KevinG

OU812

WOOPS

I for got the picture of my bundle of joy comin out of the smoker.  ::)

Its all gone now, :( all that was left when I got home last night was the end pieces which were mostly BACON so I fried the bacon and when it was almost done I threw in the loin just to warm up in the grease. Mmmm Gooood.

pensrock

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 20, 2010, 04:33:48 PM
You gonna have to break your wife in to be your soux chef when Taby goes to school.

I hope Holly can remember how.  :D

ArnieM

Glad it worked out for you OU.  Yeah, the paste is pretty strong but the ingredient list I posted (for pernil) is for a skin-on picnic; somewhat larger than the deer loins   ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

That used to be one handsome pile of meat!

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on April 21, 2010, 07:23:12 AM
Glad it worked out for you OU.  Yeah, the paste is pretty strong but the ingredient list I posted (for pernil) is for a skin-on picnic; somewhat larger than the deer loins   ;)

Yes I did realise the paste was for a 4 to 7 lb pork shoulder but you got to start some where.  ;D

The only thing I'm gonna change next time is cut cumin in half.

Oh ya, and get a new food processor the one I got took a s$it right when I started mincin the garlic. Had to do the onion by hand, good thing I have 2 chiefs knifes.

If you hold both knifes in the same hand side by side its amazin how fast things go.