PID Question-- wiring two SSR's

Started by achilles007, April 21, 2010, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achilles007

Hi-- does anyone have the manual instructions or the know-how for wiring two SSR's, so I can control two heating elements at once?

KevinG

That's a question asking for trouble if you don't know what you're doing. Fires due to improper loads are often a result of improper circuit design. The basics are three power supplies, one is a control circuit, the other two supply power to the heating elements. You wire the two control circuits for the SSRs in series, and keep the two power supply circuits on each SSR separate to control the two different heating elements.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Hi achilles007,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify your question. Are you adding a second element to your existing Bradley, or do you want to control two different Bradley's from the same PID. Or if you are building your own smoker, more information on what you are planning to do will be helpful.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

achilles007

Thanks guys-- but nevermind this post. I'm going with one element instead of two.

Habanero Smoker

If you are just adding a second element to your existing Bradley, if you have an Auber or building one using the instructions on the recipe site; I believe the PID with a single SSR will control up to 1800 watts. That is more then enough power to handle two elements.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)