Wiring PID questions

Started by achilles007, April 23, 2010, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achilles007

The Power cord should be compatible with the number of amps being used through said element right?

Just making sure.

Should the wire connections in the PID be soldered?

and third-- I am shakey about cutting holes inside of the project box-- can anyone show me what they used to do such and how they did it?

I know it sounds like I'm overcomplicating things here but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before starting. :) Thanks

classicrockgriller

I think there are some people here who can help you , but

WE need to know what you want to do before you get started,

What equipement do you have and what are you trying to accomplish?

Explain what you are looking for.

achilles007

Setting up an electric HLT of sorts-- JUST like this:

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?s=e6d653463389b846e5897613b134a38a&showtopic=88163&st=15&p=1063393&#entry1063393

all's I just really need to know is how he put a light and a on/off switch on his box and the wiring needed for it.

Oh yeah and also-- what does this manual mean by "pre-cut" wire?:
www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=315

It shows it in blue but never specifies what it is, or where to buy it

for some strange reason the site isnt letting me in. ???

Tiny Tim

The recipe site is getting an upgrade this weekend, there's going to be outages.

When I built my PID, I cut the hole in the project box for the PID unit with a Dremel tool and cut off wheel, and the holes for the wires with a drill bit.  Also for connecting the wires to the PID unit, I just bent the wire around the screws and tightened them down.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

achilles007

Quote from: Tiny Tim on April 23, 2010, 10:49:12 PM
The recipe site is getting an upgrade this weekend, there's going to be outages.

When I built my PID, I cut the hole in the project box for the PID unit with a Dremel tool and cut off wheel, and the holes for the wires with a drill bit.  Also for connecting the wires to the PID unit, I just bent the wire around the screws and tightened them down.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Thanks!