• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cleaning the OBS drip pan

Started by bears fan, April 24, 2010, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

Has anyone tried spraying Pam on the drip pan to help with clean-up?  Would it help or not?  Cleaning that pan is a major pain and I'm looking for a solution to help with clean up.

classicrockgriller

I use pam on it before I use it.

I use Dawn "Power Dissolver" after.

FLBentRider

When I used Pam it turned into a gummy mess.

I soak in a sink of soapy water, scrub off the big chunks and into the dishwasher with the racks and stuff. No dishes.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bears fan

Does it help to make cleanup easier and not so much scrubbing?

bears fan

I'll have to try throwing everything in the dishwasher.  I just didn't think it would clean up well in there since I had to scrub so hard in the sink to get everything clean.  I will say, the frogmats are great.  I wish the racks and drip pan were made out of that kind of material because they clean up super easy.

db14

I have been soaking mine also and then scrubbing with a brush.  I think I may try using some SOS pads the next time, the brushing isn't getting it done.

JT-MO

I use those SOS pads, they work pretty good but either way you need to put a little elbow grease into it to make them clean. Back in the days in my teen years I use to work at WhiteCastle, they had some really nice scrubbing pads for cleaning the grills with, I wished I had some of those to use. It would make short work of the drip tray.

classicrockgriller

If you squirt it down with Dawn power dissolver and let it sit,

You can clean it with a hand brush. That stuff works.

KevinG

I've been using the pam grilling on it and it hasn't gummed up. Seems easier to clean than scrubbing, but it does get lumpy.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

They make a hi-Temp grill spray (there are several brands) and it doesn't "Gum".

oakrdrzfan

I use Pam.  I then soak afterwards and put in dishwasher.  Comes out with a mirror like finish!

DarqMan

I completly wrap my bottom drip tray and drip bowl in heavy duty aluminum foil.  Clean up is as simple as throwing the foil away.  I then re-wrap to get ready for the next smoke.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on April 27, 2010, 07:41:55 PM
I completly wrap my bottom drip tray and drip bowl in heavy duty aluminum foil.  Clean up is as simple as throwing the foil away.  I then re-wrap to get ready for the next smoke.

I don't think I would do that.

That is part of the warning in owners manual.

ArnieM

I don't use Pam anymore; don't like the results, burned and gummy.  That includes the high temp stuff.

I'm with CRG on this one.  The Dawn power dissolver works great.  It's kinda like 1/2 cold oven cleaner.  Works really well on anything gunky I've had.  Spray it on and let is sit, up to a 1/2 hour or so.  Brush or scrubby it.  Give the tray a ride through the D/W and it comes out great.  Don't use it on your cast iron.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

IF, I am doing a long smoke .... Butts, Brisket, Cods, etc, I spray.

IF, I am doing a shorter smoke ...... Shoulder roast, Chicken, etc, I don't spray.

I've never had anything gummy, but then I don't hose it till it is dripping.