• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Smoke - Brisket - Will need to reheat

Started by concho pete, April 25, 2010, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

concho pete

Hey there fellow smokers. What a great web site, for good advice and recipes!

The Bradley digital 4 rack arrived on Wednesday, and I had it assembled and seasoning within 20 minutes from when the UPS guy dropped her off.

The rubbed brisket (8.2 pounder) went in the preheated smoker at 21:30 last night. We are just past the 14 hour mark, and the IT is at 165. I'm smoking this for a family gathering this Friday, so I guess I'll be throwing the brisket in the freezer for a few days, thaw and then reheat so it's ready for Friday dinner. I hate to do so, but have to at this point. My question to you veterans is this:

When I reheat on Friday in the oven, should I boat or just throw in the oven, tightly wrapped in foil? I plan to FTC about 2 hours prior to eating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

squirtthecat

If you can vacuum seal it, you can reheat it in that bag in a pan of hot water (not boiling).   Cut open the bag, slice, serve.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum concho pete, looks like STC's got you hooked up on a plan. Looks like you were set to run from the get go!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

concho pete

Roger that, STC. Thanks for the quick response.

FLBentRider

If you go with the foil and reheat, I would not bother to FTC at that point. just eat.

I'm not sure I would freeze it either, I have kept brisket (hidden) in my fridge at least a week.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

concho pete

FLBR.....I was thinking that very thing. To freeze or not to freeze! I am going to vac seal, so I'm thinking it should be fine by Friday.

BTW....I'm right at 15.45 hours, and at an IT of 170. I need to stop looking at my Maverick every 10 minutes.

Ketch22

Welcome I think it is a newbie thing to look at the Maverick I have more then one. I have to give them up and stick with just one. ::)