• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help - Smoke pucks keep feeding

Started by Mike Rae, May 16, 2005, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Rae

Hi all,
When I start smoking my machine continues to feed one puck after another until it has used them all and fed them all into the water below, without burning them.Have had my machine for about 2 years. Last couple times I have used it I have had troubles.
I have tried turning the power off and unplugging the smoking portion of the machine off and restarting but still have this issue.
Has anyone else had the same trouble - and were you able to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Mike Rae
Calgary,Alberta
[email protected]
403 874 8232

Bassman

Mike,
Is the advance button stuck in? If not it may be time for a new smoke generator.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Foam Steak

I would check the advance button.  Chez Bubba sells new ones for $4.50.  That would be an easy fix if that is the problem.  I imagine you could just disconnect the button first then plug in the unit, if it did not start cycling then that would be it.

Habanero Smoker

As others have said, check the advance button. This happened to me a couple of weeks after getting my BS and only after a few smokes. It occurred more often when the ambient temperature was below 50 degrees F.

If it is the advance button, go to this thread and try what I did before buying, and installing a new button. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=641 .

If you do not want to permanently attach a pull-knob to the button, you can use double stick tape instead of glue. Also I've learned that denatured alcohol is the best solvent for cleaning smoke residue. It doesn't harm the paint, plastic parts or the silicone door seal (just make sure the BS is cool and unplugged, or you will soon have a flambe going on [:D])

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

charlie

Hi Mike,

You can also call Bradley's (800.665.4188)and they will ship you out a new generator. I don't think your smoker is under warranty anymore but still, their prices are resonable for a whole new generator.

~Charlie

Mike Rae

Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions.
Will let you know once I have it resolved.
Also a note - contacted Bradly "they were excellent" !!
Thanks - Mike Rae

Mike Rae
Calgary,Alberta
[email protected]
403 874 8232

Oldman

Mike just a word of caution. Listing your phone number that way is a good way to get un-wanted calls. There are spiders out there that all they do all day long is look for 10 numbers in a row.

I would suggest doing it this way. My--403 / 874 @ 8232--phone.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Good advice. One should do the same for e-mail addresses that are posted on boards.

Such as <font color="blue">mikerae at aimexfoods dot com</font id="blue">

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Paul1958

Mike,

What was the solution?  I have the same problem on a brand new Bradley.  (I posted my problem in a different forum page before I saw the "Feedback and Help" section - duh - I'm learning [:)])

I'll also look carefully at the button, although not sure that's it really.  Mine does stop after cycling a few times, and then the next time it is due to cycle it may do it 2-3 to 6-8 times before stopping.  But checking the button is a good suggestion.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have the same problem on a brand new Bradley.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

1-800-665-4188 is the solution on a new unit [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!