• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trial run at pulled pork

Started by db14, April 28, 2010, 07:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Difference between Low and slow and Turbo are;

Low & Slow

Put food in Bradley

Drink several adultry beverages

Take long nap

Wake up and change water

Drink more adultry beverages

Take second long nap

Wake up and take food out.

Turbo is:

Put food in Bradley

Drink several Adultry beverages

take long nap

wake up and remove food.

I like the two drink two nap method. ;D

db14

That seems like sound logic to me, I think we all could use a few more drinks and an extra nap.

DTAggie

and the Turbo allows you to drink, nap, eat as stated by Classic but then go play golf and drink more

db14

is there a general rule of thumb for how many people per pound (pre-cooked weight) of meat?An 8 pound butt would feed x many people?

RAF128

Depends on how hungry they are and what else you're serving.    Last Saturday we had 8 adults.   A 7 lber fed them all with enough left over for 4 more sandwiches the next day.   We had plenty of other things too like potatoe salad etc.  Normally I'd say ½ lb each.

classicrockgriller

roughly figure 50% of usable meat per raw weight.

ie: an 8lb butt will give you 4lbs of pulled pork

Approx 16 1/4lb sammies.

You will probably get a little better than 50%.

db14

Sounds good, thanks.

I'm trying to put together some food for my wife's graduation party (so that shows my age) next weekend.  I would like to do this, but the wife is skeptical since I've never made it before.  Maybe she would be less skeptical if she actually ate any of the stuff I make (she's not a meat eater sadly, chicken is about all she'll do.)  The alternative would be to make ribs, which would be no problem for me.  I just think we would get a lot more bang for our buck on the pulled pork.

Habanero Smoker

As a alternative, and to keep cost down, you can make pulled chicken or pulled turkey.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: db14 on April 29, 2010, 09:30:36 AM
Sounds good, thanks.

I'm trying to put together some food for my wife's graduation party (so that shows my age) next weekend.  I would like to do this, but the wife is skeptical since I've never made it before.  Maybe she would be less skeptical if she actually ate any of the stuff I make (she's not a meat eater sadly, chicken is about all she'll do.)  The alternative would be to make ribs, which would be no problem for me.  I just think we would get a lot more bang for our buck on the pulled pork.

That many butts, I would find a place to buy a case, like a Sam's.

should be less than $1.10 lb.

db14

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 29, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
That many butts, I would find a place to buy a case, like a Sam's.

should be less than $1.10 lb.
If only I had the freezer space for that.

classicrockgriller

A case is 8 buts packed in 2's