Portable greenhouse - sorta

Started by ArnieM, April 28, 2010, 01:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I can't put my pepper seedlings out for a few weeks.  It was 32oF this morning.  Yuk.  So I transplanted them into 5 Oz cups.  Then, what to do?  The cats were eyeing them. 

My #1 daughter had lizards, mice, gerbils, rats and such and has been using my basement for storing the leaker aquariums for years.  So ...

This has plastic wrap on top for outside.  I can bring it in at night.  The screening on top will keep the cats out.  I'll set them outside in mid to late May.

FYI, the peppers are Giant Bhut, cherry, Ancho, Peter and banana.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: ArnieM on April 28, 2010, 01:26:42 PM
FYI, the peppers are Giant Bhut, cherry, Ancho, Peter and banana.

If my memory is still working, Ancho is Pablano, until it's dried.  Pablanos make outstanding Chili Rellenos!  Gives me an idea -- Chili Rellenos using MJ (or PJ) cheese and pulled pork.  I'm getting hungry!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

pensrock

Use the Bhuts to make poppers out of.......  ;D ;D ;D

ArnieM

Quote from: pensrock on April 28, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
Use the Bhuts to make poppers out of.......  ;D ;D ;D

My BIL  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Oldman

Nice set  up.

Tonight I frying up some peppers with onions to go on calf's liver. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where my pepper plants will produce for years.  I grow onions year around -- through a little slower in our summer months.

Nevertheless, a nice set up you have.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

RAF128

Quote from: Oldman on April 28, 2010, 05:22:59 PM
Tonight I frying up some peppers with onions to go on calf's liver. Olds

HMMMMM.   Just had a thought.    Smoked calves liver 8)

Oldman

Quote from: RAF128 on April 28, 2010, 07:48:41 PM
Quote from: Oldman on April 28, 2010, 05:22:59 PM
Tonight I frying up some peppers with onions to go on calf's liver. Olds

HMMMMM.   Just had a thought.    Smoked calves liver 8)
Ahhhh I don't know if I would go there.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ArnieM

I'm with Olds on that one.  I hated liver as a kid.  Then I learned, maybe a pound of liver, a pound of bacon, a couple of onions, a handful of garlic and maybe some hot sauce.  Ain't half-bad.  :)
-- Arnie

Tenpoint5

As long as the liver is fresh and has never been frozen then it is good. Once frozen is when it turns black and nasty
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

No matter how I tried to mask it, I can't seem to find any way to like that stuff. The only thing I've ever enjoyed is braunschweiger.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Simple Kev.  Just modify my guideline recipe to leave out the liver and use sliced large portobella mushrooms instead.  If you don't like the mushrooms (shame) there's always some thin sliced beef tenderloin.
-- Arnie

KevinG

;D Yep, going to have to go with the thin sliced beef.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG