• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

PID sensor question

Started by DarqMan, April 28, 2010, 06:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

I'm considering a PID for my OBS and was wondering if you guys have an opinion on which sensor I should get.... the one that hangs in the vent or the wall mounted version?  The wall mount is certainly more seamless, but does drilling the hole in my smoker void my warranty?  Thoughts? 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

HawkeyeSmokes

I like the regular sensor but run it through the door.

Lets me move it where I want it easier.

Drilling a hole won't void the warranty, just make sure before you drill!

;D
HawkeyeSmokes

DarqMan

Thanks HawkeyeSmokes.  I guess one advantage to the original sensor is that you can position it where you want. I can see how it might get in the way of food if it were attached to the back wall.  I guess I could always switch over to the wall mounted version later. Still deciding...............
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

RAF128

Mine has the regular sensor.   I didn't like putting it through the vent or the door so I drilled a hole in the top beside the vent and fed it through there.    Works good for me

DarqMan

Hey RAF, that helps.  I just pulled the trigger on the dual probe unit with the regular senor.  I searched the forum and it looks like most people like the ability to move it around for better accuracy.  That sure makes sense so I've decided to go that route as well.  If I want it attached to the back wall I can always do that later.  Now if that darn UPS guy would just hurry up... I got smoking to do!

classicrockgriller

I have the dual probe and the newest one for the OBS that works the smoke generator.

You will like it.

Makes me even lazier than what I am.

happy49219

classicrockgriller

happy49219

classicrockgriller

G ...... G ....... It's CRG .... ;D

happy49219

sorry the ribs have warped my mind

DarqMan

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 28, 2010, 08:19:05 PM
I have the dual probe and the newest one for the OBS that works the smoke generator.

You will like it.

Makes me even lazier than what I am.

Yep, that's the one I've got on the way CRG.  It would be nice if they allowed you to save profiles for various dishes.  Oh well, I'm going to have to have SOMETHING to do  :o

DarqMan

Just checked the tracking on this package and it's scheduled to be delivered today.  A little late for the butt I've got on now but will certainly be handy on the next smoke. I've heard nothing but good things about it, looking forward to giving it a whirl.