• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Smoker Arrived!

Started by Parrot Person, April 29, 2010, 09:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parrot Person

Thanks for all the encouragement and great helpful hints. 

Smoker is sitting in the middle of the living room until weekend, when it will be moved to the patio.  When something wonderful to eat comes out of it, there will be pictures.  Meanwhile, will continue to read your posts and information to ensure successful smokes. 

classicrockgriller

Congrats Parrot.

Besure and take pics of that thing new, cause when the smoke starts rolling,

It takes on a new life and color.

Tenpoint5

Bring on the Weekend. Lets get this party started!! Dang it I have to work all weekend.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Congrats.

I'd keep it in the living room, run a vent hood....  ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Parrot Person

Good gravy...you're right!  Should take pix of the thing brand new!  That's an idea.  Leave it indoors and run a vent from the vent on the top outside.  We do it with the dryer.  We do it with those portable air conditioners, why not???

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Parrot Person on April 29, 2010, 11:31:31 AM
Good gravy...you're right!  Should take pix of the thing brand new!  That's an idea.  Leave it indoors and run a vent from the vent on the top outside.  We do it with the dryer.  We do it with those portable air conditioners, why not???

There are people doing it.

I think toker is running his in the kitchen of his house.

If I ever get around to a re-model on the Man Cave I might just do it.

db14

Quote from: Parrot Person on April 29, 2010, 11:31:31 AM
Agreed.  Why is it acceptable for the dryer and not a smoker?  I know which one is more valuable to me and it unfortunately sits outside.

Welcome and happy smoking.  Don't forget to season that baby before you start cooking.

Toker

Yes, that is what I'm doing, running it through the window with a dryer hose and a duct fan to make sure the smoke does noes not back in the smoke generator. So far, no problem of course, never leave it unattended in case.

Parrot Person

Not a bad idea to incorporate into a remodel!  It IS a valuable piece of equipment.  In fact now that you mention it, I may just keep it inside when not in use so that it doesn't rust out - squirrels and rodents aren't really a problem, but Southern California weather, though mild, can be.  Good reason to clean up and clear out a space for the precious smoker.  The cover is nice and thick and made very well and will still be used to protect it while indoors from bird dust and bird poop and cat hair, though.  Good idea.  Can't even think of creating a vent for it at the moment - the other half would pitch a fit and head might explode.

classicrockgriller

You won't need an air freshner in your house. ;D

The smell of that smoker after 5 or 6 smokes will drive you crazy.

But at least it is a good crazy.

OU812

Good to here you got your new tool, now lets smoke somethin.

Whats on the menu for the maiden voyage?

DarqMan

Oh my.... I remember when I was a "Bradley Virgin" not too long ago... now I've got three smokes under my belt and boston pork butt this weekened.  You're gonig to love it. 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

The nice thing about this Forum is that it is very active.

If you're not quite forsure on a certain smoke, start a post when you start your smoke,

and post what you are doing. People will follow your smoke/cook and if you have a question

someone will help you right then. Everyone here loves to help.

bears fan

All right, I have to ask.  You are going to protect your smoker inside with your cover from bird dust and bird poop and cat hair.  What do you got going on inside?  I put mine inside after the smoke as well, but you sound like you got some crazy stuff going on inside.

Good luck with your first smoke.  We will all be looking forward to pictures.

DarqMan

Quote from: bears fan on April 29, 2010, 07:25:44 PM
All right, I have to ask.  You are going to protect your smoker inside with your cover from bird dust and bird poop and cat hair.  What do you got going on inside?  I put mine inside after the smoke as well, but you sound like you got some crazy stuff going on inside.

Good luck with your first smoke.  We will all be looking forward to pictures.

Sounds like the cats are trying to eat the birds and stuff is flying everywhere...... ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.