• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My complements

Started by garbadee, April 29, 2010, 06:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbadee

So I went to this BBQ place that won the "Best of 2009" from the local community (won't say name just to be fair because their food was good).  After sampling their pulled pork, Beef Brisket, and Ribs... all I can say is with what you have taught me and only 4 days of actual smoking I can make even better BBQ than the "Best of 2009". 

Not bragging because I realize I have a long way to go.  Just wanted you to know the forum is awesome and greatly appreciated!!!

OH, and I just got this from my wife (I'm out of town on business), "And oh yeah, I'm eating some beef brisket that you smoked with eggs. I am pretty much in Heaven right now."  (it was pork butt actually)

Ed

Tenpoint5

Atta boy Ed. Keep Momma Happy and all is good. Yours tastes better because of the long hours you spent in the garage or on the back porch tending to your smoker and because of all the love you put into it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

The old saying; "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" comes to mind.

We can help, but you had to do it.

If you had a great smoke, then you lapped up the advice that was given you.

Congrats to you!

Now get to Smokin some more! ;D

OU812

My kids grew up on BBQ and smoked stuff and go out to eat BBQ quite often just to see what every one else eats.

Needless to say they give me there opinions of the other peoples BBQ and I aint braggen. "The (insert BBQ joint here) ribs aint near as flavorfull as yours"

My son called me yesterday at lunch and one of his coworkers brought in some ribs his old man made and my son had to call me just to say "I found someone else who knows how to do ribs" I said when you gonna do some for your self.

He said "You always call me when your doing ribs that works for me"

Smart A$$

Quote from: garbadee on April 29, 2010, 06:13:17 PM
"And oh yeah, I'm eating some beef brisket that you smoked with eggs. I am pretty much in Heaven right now."  (it was pork butt actually)

Ed

Thats funny Ed

EZ Smoker

I'm in the same place as you, garbadee.  I just got my smoker last September, and I've only smoked about twenty times, but I'm already ruined for the BBQ joints in town.   There's one place that I think is better than all the others in town, but now I don't ever want to go there.   I know I can do so much better with ribs, brisket and pulled pork.  (My poultry is coming along nicely too... just not perfected yet because I tend to focus on beef and pork.)

It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.