• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

best thing made on the obs

Started by happy49219, April 29, 2010, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happy49219

roll call what is the best thing you ever made on the OBS?  For me I have'nt made to much but the most complments I recieved was on my smoked trout.  I used the Petes wet brine on the Bradley web site.  It was so good and the trout was free from my neighbor.

DarqMan

So far I've done ribs, chicken and a brisket.  The ribs were amazing.  Doing a boston butt this weekend, will keep you posted on the results!

Oh, the trout sounds great, will have to try it.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

Have not had a bad smoke yet - brisket, ribs, butt, salmon and salsa

Tenpoint5

Nothing!! Everything sucks. Oh wait I have a DBS no wonder nothing good ever comes out of my OBS I don't have one!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bears fan

Depends who you ask.  Pulled pork butt in my opinion was the best, but the wife thinks the canadian bacon has been the best thus far.  A bad day of smokin is still better than a good day at work!

DarqMan

The nice thing about the Bradley is that your screw-ups will be better than most peoples dead ringers.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

GusRobin

I would have to say Pastrami. Made the mistake of giving some to friends so not only does the wife always pester me to make more, but so do the friends and co-workers. Oh well, tough job but someone has to do it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

happy49219

there allways has to be the smart guy 10.5 :P.  By the way I did the 3-2-1 ribs last night they were awesome (3 racks bb backs 3 diffrent rubs)

happy49219

all this stuff sounds great keep it up fellas.

db14

Quote from: ArnieM on April 29, 2010, 07:08:04 PM
Everything.
Good answer!

So far, it would be the ribs for me.  I'm trying to broaden my spectrum though.

DTAggie

db - try it all.  Anything that comes to mind.  Its amazing how good everything is in an OBS.

ArnieM

Like Aggie said, pretty much anything.  Meats and poultry, bacon, fish, cheese, nuts, veggies (I love ABTs)bacon (did I say that?), fruits, sausage and bacon.  Just keep notes.  If you like it, great.  If it's not so great, you might want to modify the wood or smoke times.

The best part of this is DIY, live and learn.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RossP

Best thing out of my smoker according the the wife is either Candie Salmon or Lox.
My vote goes to bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts with a side of ABTs.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

The best thing to come out of my smoker is the meat I just smoke.