• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from MN

Started by dribron, May 01, 2010, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dribron

Hey all, my name is Duane. I have been bbq/smoked for a pretty long time. Most of the time it has been over lump, and wood. Then in the last few years I discovered the freedom that electric units offer. I currently own a smoke hollow electric unit which I enjoy. My main problem it that it isnt always possible to keep steady temp, so I was thinking of the possibility of buying the masterbuilt digital, untill I read of the problem that may occure if you need to replace the heating element. So I have been somewhat content with my smoke hollow, hoping that I may be able to buy a bradley at some point. The cost has kept me away so far, but I am still hoping to be able to go with a bradly at some point.

Gizmo

Welcome Duane.
We have had quite a few new folks from Mn here lately and quite a few just to the south of you as well.
If you have any questions fire away.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Hiya Duane and Welcome.

Like Gizmo said ... Any questions just ask.

If you hang around here very long, you will be finding away to get you a Bradley.

Our members have all kinds of smokers.

So smoke'm up!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum dribron!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Duane, slap those pennies in your pocket in a jar, before you know it - you'll have one and won't regret it.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dribron

I'm hoping to own a bradley by next year. With the way things are in our current economy spending 300-500 or more for a smoker isn't something I cannot quit talk my wife into at this time. So mabe next year. I am still trying to wrape my mind around the extra cost of the bradley wood pucks. Although in the end everyone raves about the quality of the Bradley smoker. So I do want one, when ever I can affornd it.

KevinG

I know the feeling, it was actually the economy that let me get mine. Store was discounting everything big time to try to make some $$. Lucky me!! If it weren't for that I don't think I could've afforded one.

dribron

Right now Cabela's has the OBS on sale for 299.99, I don't know if that is a good deal, or a jack up the price, to lower it for sale move... lol Still I have seen it other places for 20-30.00  or so more. So I guess that is a good deal, doubt it will be the same price by the time I am ready..

KevinG

Just keep searching, lot of places put out sales at all times of the year. Heck you might even be able to pick up a used one here. Every now and again someone upgrades.

FLBentRider

Quote from: dribron on May 02, 2010, 04:46:21 PM
Right now Cabela's has the OBS on sale for 299.99, I don't know if that is a good deal, or a jack up the price, to lower it for sale move... lol Still I have seen it other places for 20-30.00  or so more. So I guess that is a good deal, doubt it will be the same price by the time I am ready..

That is the deal I took a while back that got me into all this  :o ;D I had a coupon too and I think free shipping.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TTNuge

Pretty sure I have a $20 off coupon for Cabelas that would work on that too that I could do without if you were thinking of making the move.  I doubt I'll be using it and if it helps another Minnesotan get into a Bradley then it's going to a good home.  Just PM me if you want it and I'll get the code to you.

dribron

Wow that would be great. It is starting to look like I am going to be able to sell my other smoker. I'll still be short on funds, but close enough too be able to make the move... Gotta say, I'm pretty excited, kinda kid like..lol

OU812

Welcome to the fun dribron.

Just an idea to kick around a bit.

Your family and friends like what you smoke, right?

Put the word out you can smoke something for them, at a fair price. You would be surprised how quickly the orders start comin in for things like a smoked Turkey, Chicken, Brisket or pulled Pork.

My bigest request is for sausages.

Just keep the offer to family, friends and maybe even there close friends.