• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Los Angeles

Started by SnellySmokesEm, May 03, 2010, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I'll be going on vacation next week to LA and wanted to know if you guys have any suggestion on great food or anything cool to see out there.  I have a few ideas and I'm sure my friend that we are visiting will have a lot for us to do,  I'm just not sure he knows where the good food spots are.  ;D ;D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KevinG

I hear there's a pretty cool ocean real close.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: KevinG on May 03, 2010, 12:51:39 PM
I hear there's a pretty cool ocean real close.  ;D

I am anxious to see the Pacific.  We are planning on go to Huntington beach. I have visited the Atlantic and live in the Gulf of Mexico so I'm pretty excited to see the Pacific.
BBQ Evangelist

KevinG

I've only been near Ca once, when I was a kid. I remember we went to alcatraz. Pretty cool. Of course we also did Disney and knottsberry farm and universal studios, but they didn't stick with me like alcatraz did.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

squirtthecat

Where you staying in LA?   Let me dig up the name of the Museum we went to up North of there... Very cool, and worth the trip.

Rich_91360

Los Angeles:
Getty Museum - go for the building, the grounds or the artwork.  All worthwhile on their own
Venice Beach Boardwalk - things and people you may not see anywhere else
PCH - Pacific Coast Highway - Route 1 (Very Scenic - surfers , beaches, para sailers)
Hollywood Sign
Mann's Chinese Therter and Walk of the Stars

Plus many many more things to do

squirtthecat

We did the Getty Villa in Malibu.   Very cool, and a pretty drive.   From there we drove up to Yorba Linda and toured Reagan's Presidential museum, and his Air Force One jet.   

squirtthecat

If you are in Hollywood...   Stop for a dog.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/

We stayed south in Laguna Beach. (visiting family nearby)  So most of our dining/activities were down that way.

classicrockgriller

Hope the snog don't kill ya. Yuck!

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks for the ideas!  I believe we are actually staying in Hollywood.  Pinks is definitely on the list!  I heard about venice beach and we will be doing that also.  I have never heard of the Getty Villa but the website video looks pretty interesting.  Thanks again!
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

The Getty Villa is very cool...   If you are into art/architecture, it is worth the trip.

I'll PM you some pictures I took when we visited it...

Rich_91360

Reagan's Presidential Library and jet are in Simi, Ca not Yorba Linda.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Rich_91360 on May 04, 2010, 07:33:05 AM
Reagan's Presidential Library and jet are in Simi, Ca not Yorba Linda.

Whoops - my bad.   We had also visited the Nixon library which is in Yorba Linda...    (which was actually quite fascinating)

Gizmo

Mullholland Drive

Universal Studios

If you are in Hollywood, Graumans Chineese Theare.  There are a couple of walkways between the shops that you can get a great picture of the Hollywood sign.  Hollywood Blvd. is a pit these days but probably a must see and experience.  There are a few interesting shops along the way.

Up the freeway is Valencia and Magic Mountain.  Extreme Roller Coasters.  Some of the best in the country I have been told.  I haven't been in years and there are several fairly new ones.  Check out the head of the line passes you can purchase.

Disney Land Adventure Park.  - Not the best compared to Disney Land and Magic Mountain

Medieval Times - Jousting while eating food with your fingers. 

Movieland Wax Museum

Griffith Park Observatory

Tours

Queen Mary

Of course you could always come down to San Diego and hang out with me.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

There is a steak joint in La Mirada that that I have been to many times, but the name escapes me, but I think it s Clearman's or something. Out of this world steaks, salads and a cheese spread you will buy and take home for sure. Looks like a tourist trap cause of a phony snow covered roof, but it's some really good eats!