• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cinco de Mayo

Started by classicrockgriller, May 03, 2010, 04:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Snelly the Pico De Gallo recipe from the April newsletter is a great salsa stand in. I use it instead of salsa. Since your gonna ask for it again here it is.

Pico de Gallo

2 Jalapenos, sliced and diced                                         1 Lime, squeezed
4 Large red tomatoes, sliced and diced                         Olive Oil, 2-3 tblspns
¼ Onion, diced                                                               Spice to taste
Cilantro, Put leaves in cup and chop with scissors          Minced Garlic

Mix all together and let set before serving. Great with Chips, Meat, Bread, Rice, Pasta........

ADD IN'S:  Some different ingredients to give a little different taste when added
Sour Cream, Avocado, Black beans, Mango, Sugar or Honey
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 04, 2010, 10:39:30 AM
Snelly the Pico De Gallo recipe from the April newsletter is a great salsa stand in. I use it instead of salsa. Since your gonna ask for it again here it is.

Pico de Gallo

2 Jalapenos, sliced and diced                                         1 Lime, squeezed
4 Large red tomatoes, sliced and diced                         Olive Oil, 2-3 tblspns
¼ Onion, diced                                                               Spice to taste
Cilantro, Put leaves in cup and chop with scissors          Minced Garlic

Mix all together and let set before serving. Great with Chips, Meat, Bread, Rice, Pasta........

ADD IN'S:  Some different ingredients to give a little different taste when added
Sour Cream, Avocado, Black beans, Mango, Sugar or Honey

Bookmarked.... thanks!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

DarqMan

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on May 04, 2010, 04:47:21 AM
The Perfect Margarita:

3 oz premium silver Tequila (suggest Patron)
2 oz Cointreau
2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, strained to remove pulp
1 oz freshly squeezed orange juice, strained to remove pulp

Fill shaker with ice, add all ingredients, shake until your hand hurts from the cold, strain into a large, well chilled Martini glass with salted rim. Enjoy!

That's a nice blanco version.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DarqMan

Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 03, 2010, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: DarqMan on May 03, 2010, 09:51:54 PM
This is my premium margarita recipe.  Careful because they taste like koolaid and will sneak up on you.

1 1/2 oz Premium tequila (I like 1800)
1 1/2 oz Gran Mariner or any orange liquor
1 1/2 oz Nellies key lime juice (sold on baking isle in grocery) or fresh squeezed lime
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Place all ingredients in shaker with ice and shake for 30 seconds.  Strain into salted martini glass with wedge of lime and olive.

Drink and enjoy  ;D

only 1 1/2 oz of to-kill-ya?

That's a single serving.  I usually make a ptcher and in that case use any measuring device and equal parts of al booze and adjus sugar to taste.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

Quarlow

Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 03, 2010, 04:12:53 PM

And some 1800's Margartias.
With that many Margarita's I getting on a plane to sonny's house.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on May 04, 2010, 05:30:51 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 03, 2010, 04:12:53 PM

And some 1800's Margartias.
With that many Margarita's I getting on a plane to sonny's house.

Better Hurry .... Burppp!

DarqMan

I just had an early Cinco de Mayo.  With left over pulled pork I lined a cookie sheet with tortilla chips and covered generously with pork.  Then, I drizzled BBQ sauce lightly on top of pork.  Next layer of flavor was shredded smoked gouda and then topped each chip off with a jalapeno.  Baked in oven at 400 for 10 minutes and then topped each chip with a tiny scoop of fresh guacamole.  Three margaritas later and now I'm full :-)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on May 04, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
I just had an early Cinco de Mayo.  With left over pulled pork I lined a cookie sheet with tortilla chips and covered generously with pork.  Then, I drizzled BBQ sauce lightly on top of pork.  Next layer of flavor was shredded smoked gouda and then topped each chip off with a jalapeno.  Baked in oven at 400 for 10 minutes and then topped each chip with a tiny scoop of fresh guacamole.  Three margaritas later and now I'm full :-)

Geez, that sounds good!

NePaSmoKer

i'm alone

no grandkid for 3 days....no wife for 2

WOOO HOOO...........................Stinko De Mayo....nepas style  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 04, 2010, 08:23:22 PM
i'm alone

no grandkid for 3 days....no wife for 2

WOOO HOOO...........................Stinko De Mayo....nepas style  ;D

Oh that has trouble wrote all over it!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

NePas

Are you expecting more "freepas"
Maybe your versionof stinko de mayo ?  LOL

Have fun
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

1 margarita

2 margaritas

3 margaritas

Floor!

4 margaritas

5 margaritas

6 margaritas

snore !

classicrockgriller

Well Happy Cinco de Mayo!