Apple bisquettes on the way...

Started by DarqMan, May 05, 2010, 07:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Just ordered 120 Apple's from Amazon.  They'll be here Friday just in time for my weekend smokes.  Plan on doing some more baby backs and I think I'll load the chute with one pecan, one apple, one pecan, one apple.... Should produce a nice flavor I think.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

DarqMan

No doubt... I'll use the remaning Jim Beams on the chuck roasts. Just planning things out in my head here...
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on May 05, 2010, 09:38:17 PM
No doubt... I'll use the remaning Jim Beams on the chuck roasts. Just planning things out in my head here...

I use to plan things out in my head and it (my head) started getting full, so

now a use a note pad and pencil.

the pencil is for all the mistakes I make and I can erase them. ;D ;D

DarqMan

I hear ya... whatever work, right?

I used to be a big list guy.  I wrote lists for everything, including goals.  Now I do it all in my head.  It I don't remember, it doesn't get done/bought.  It's kind of like an automatic filter, the low priority stuff gets forgotten until it's high priority... maybe not the best approach but has been working lately... :-)

classicrockgriller

I've got $hit piles of them small yellow tablets with stuff I have smoked and funny thing is I remember every smoke.

BuyLowSellHigh

CRG, a friend told me about this device. I find it works really well.  Better than a PDA - no batteries to run down.

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

When I was single I meet a girl at a bar and copied her phone number down on my hand.

She left and I stayed and next morning i wrote what I thought was her number on a piece of paper

and called her that nite.

Call her several times after that and finally ask her out and when I went to pick her up, ....

It wasn't the same girl. ;D

This girl was nice and cute and later I ask her why she acted like she knew who I was

and she told me that she had given her number to some guy and he said he was gonna

call her and thought I was him.

Never did see the first girl again.

DarqMan

DarqMan

Here's the chuck roasts before they went in Saturday morning about 10am. They were THICK... first use with the PID on this smoke and one got to 146 and the other got to 148 about 2pm.  The both stayed below 150 until about 6:30 and even after they broke out of the stall it took till 8pm for them to reach 160.  My goal was to take one off at 160 and do pulled beef with the other. I had plenty of hungry folks and my timing was just off.  The first one went pretty quick so I had to pull the other one off (170 IT) to finish feeding everyone. I didn't get my pulled beef, but the results on both were better than I'd expected.  Sorry I didn't be pics when they came off.

classicrockgriller

Those look like they would be righteous with some smoke.

NePaSmoKer

DarqMan

They were righteous indeed... tender and juicy to boot.

Yes, sun was shining.  I was expecting a lot more rain according to the forcast but it didn't rain hardly at all.  It was a bit on the chilly side and windy.  The PID did an amazing job controlling the temp considering the conditions.

NePaSmoKer

40 & 44* all weekend here with high winds and clouds  :-\