• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

looking for carolina treet thoughts

Started by drewpatton, May 07, 2010, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewpatton

So I have been wondering about carolina treet since I've starting lurking around here and I finally have a buddy who is going to send me some. I bumped around their wesite and got a general idea of what its all about, but I find that reading what you all have to say about topics and ingredients always seems to enlighten me. That being said, I'd love to hear everyones opinions and their uses of this mystery sauce (mystery to me anyway) to further my knowledge and BBQ education. I look foward to your comments!
Drew

Quarlow

Well I will tell you that I wish I had some right now. Cause this moose jerky I am making is ready for marinating and I don't have any CT sauce. I am going to order some pretty damn soon. I love it, I got a small bottle and I couldn't find enough tthings to put it on. It went with just about everything it touch. I did some jerky with it and my jerky guru brother went nuts on it. That's it I am going to order some now.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ketch22

Got mine two weeks ago it is the best.The wife loves it to she likes the south Carolina to both are real good. ::)

NePaSmoKer

I should sell the stuff cuz i got 5 gallons  ;D

OU812

I'm down to just under a gallon but after this weekend I'll only have half gall.

CT is a excellent cookin sauce and makes a great bark on any thing I've put it on.

I've even put CT in meat loaf rather than catsup, gave the loaf a little twang and a whole new taste.

Chops, wings, butt, brisket, loin, turkey, chicken now meat loaf.

Aint found any thing the CT dont go with wile cookin, not my thing as a dippin sauce though.

Its got kinda a little twang to it but NOT over powering.

drewpatton

5 gallons! Right on! How do you like to use it?

drewpatton

Ou, so do you use it as a base and sprinkle a rub on it, or do you just slather and smoke?

OU812

Slather then rub kinda like folks do with CYM.

squirtthecat

Ditto to all of these.. 

I've even put it on raw shrimp and then hit with smoke/heat.    It was surprisingly good.

KyNola

Chicken wings!  Liberal application of Jan's Dry Rub and then pour on the CT.  Let sit for 30 minutes or so and then into the smoker.  Delish!

NePaS is the one with 5 gallons of it.  I'm pretty sure he puts it on his morning cereal and brushes his teeth with it. ;)  I've seem him use it on just about everything, including ribs, chicken and beef briskets.

It's a great all around cooking sauce.

JF7FSU

Hmm CT jerky?   Thats a new one for me.  Anyone got a recipe?
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

Quarlow

Slice meat thin,slather with CT. let sit for 3 or 4 hours. Smoke for 2 hours and cook till done.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

drewpatton

that all sounds like great insight....I cant wait to get it in the mail and start experimenting with it!

hal4uk

A word to the wise...

No matter what NePaS says...
Just use it as recommended. 
NEVER substitute it for preparationH.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex