hot smoke hard boiled eggs?

Started by bears fan, May 07, 2010, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavind

Does any one add onions to their pickled eggs. The one my mum made when Iwas growing up always had them and I always eat those first.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bears fan

Nepa,
So you just take ground beef and wrap it around the hard boiled egg and smoke it or what excactly do you do?  Looks interesting and would like to try it.

Quarlow

Quote from: Bavind on May 13, 2010, 08:35:59 PM
Does any one add onions to their pickled eggs. The one my mum made when Iwas growing up always had them and I always eat those first.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yeah I put lots of onion in my pickled eggs. I even pickle sliced onions to eat with BBQ food like eating pickles.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

Quote from: bears fan on May 13, 2010, 09:07:17 PM
Nepa,
So you just take ground beef and wrap it around the hard boiled egg and smoke it or what excactly do you do?  Looks interesting and would like to try it.
I could be wrong but I think he smokes the eggs and then pickles them. Then he wraps them with the meat and smokes them again.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

Nepa,

You can also use sausage. Google for Scotch eggs. That will give you a ton of recipes, and the basic instructions on how to make them.

Quote from: Bavind on May 13, 2010, 08:35:59 PM

I'm the same as Quarlow. I put a lot of sliced onions in mine also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteYou can also use sausage. Google for Scotch eggs. That will give you a ton of recipes, and the basic instructions on how to make them.

Home made Scotch eggs .........   :P ;)

I sometimes add finely cubed smoked bacon to my recipe, other times add finely chopped chilli to make a spicy version. Beats the supermarket cr*p hands down.  :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on May 14, 2010, 02:04:18 AM
QuoteYou can also use sausage. Google for Scotch eggs. That will give you a ton of recipes, and the basic instructions on how to make them.

Home made Scotch eggs .........   :P ;)

I sometimes add finely cubed smoked bacon to my recipe, other times add finely chopped chilli to make a spicy version. Beats the supermarket cr*p hands down.  :)

Generally these type of posts don't get me hungry, but now I'm wishing I had a couple for breakfast.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteGenerally these type of posts don't get me hungry, but now I'm wishing I had a couple for breakfast.

Ditto, it made me hungry so I had to pop up the hospital canteen for breakfast!  ;) :D  No Scotch Eggs there today but they did have some great freshly cooked kipper fillets which together with brown bread and a mug of tea was a suitable alternative!  ::)
Manxman

NePaSmoKer

Nepa,

yep seasoned GB around the smoked egg then into smoker with 4 pucks then heat until done. when i pickle smoked eggs i dont re heat them cuz they taste weird  :o

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

NePaSmoKer

BuyLowSellHigh

Well, if you want some Armadillo let me now - widely available on the roadside down here.   ;D

Caneyscud

Us also.  Passed 8 half-shells on a 10 mile drive out of town Tuesday.  Unusual for us.  I wonder if there was some sort of migration or just the males chasing females!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

BuyLowSellHigh

One of the pastimes of some of the locals who have nothing better to do is to place an empty beer can (16 oz tallboy preferred) in the paws of a fresh roadkilled Armadillo.  It's kind of cute, looks something like this (which is a taxidermy pic)

http://commo.de/images/drinking_armadillo.jpg

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG