Newest new guy in MD

Started by bluedogz, May 08, 2010, 12:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedogz

Well, I'm the new fella here, I suppose.  Actually, I don't even have a Bradley smoker yet, I still do it the oldest-fashioned way in a steel drum with cherry wood I cut in the yard.  I'm looking forward to learning how everyone else does things and getting some good advice.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum Bluedogz.  Lots of good folks here so feel right at home.

KyNola

dribron

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find lots of usefull information here. Everyone here seems to be very kind and helpfull.

squirtthecat

Welcome from Central IL!   You'll find lots of good people here...   Some with Bradleys, CookShacks, BG Eggs, Primos, Charbroils, Weber bullets, R2D2s, generic offsets, stick burners, UDS' (ugly drum smokers), Traegers, MAKs and one crazy redneck with a 700 pound gravity fed STUMPs.

classicrockgriller

Welcome and looking forward to your sharing of cherrywood smoking.

hal4uk

Welcome to the forum BlueDogz!
And just for the record, you don't need to worry about that crazy hillbilly.
Just beware of cats, turtles, and monkies
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

deb415611

KevinG

Welcome to the forum bluedogz
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum bluedogz!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Paddlinpaul

Welcome. I hope the key word in your post is "yet"
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

NePaSmoKer

Welcome

I take it your in Maryland?  If so drop up here  ;D in NEPA on June 26 for the NEPA SmokeoutII

DarqMan

Hello bluedogz and welcome to the forum. 

I'm new here myself, and have about 6 smokes under my belt on my new Bradley.  If you like smoked food but don't want to constantly tend to a fire day then you will want a Bradley.  Every time I fire it up I wonder how I ever lived without it. 

The people here are the kindest, most helpful bunch I've ever found on any forum.  You've come to the right place.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard. I for one am a firm believer in the "Run What Cha Brung" Theory. We can all make adaptations to make the different ways work. It's the sharing of knowledge that makes this place great.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Hello from up here in CT bluedogz and welcome to the forum.  It'd be interesting to hear your opinion of your traditional vs Bradley smokes.

Heck, you chop down cherry trees?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Welcome bluedogz.  Don't matter if you don't come around to the Dark (Bradley) side - smoking meats is good stuff no matter how it's done.  Jump in a enjoy!!

From UDS's to Texas Hibachis - drums put out some good 'Q. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"