• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More Hillbilly Bacon

Started by stantonl, May 08, 2010, 02:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stantonl

I decided to do up more Hillbilly Bacon. I did a whole shoulder off of a wild hog I killed. I didn't think to take pictures until the end. Can't wait for breakfast in the morning.

Larry

classicrockgriller

Laryy that looks mighty nice.

Can you post a link to the first batch you did?

Tenpoint5

That does look good! Good job
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

stantonl

Here is the link to the first time I made it back in Feb.

Larry

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=14288.0

drewpatton

Looks outstanding! I want a wild hog....I cant wait to move back home buddy. Im starting to get antsy! Great looking bacon tho!

stantonl

We will take care of getting you a wild hog after you make it back home. We have alot of good smokes and apple brandy to drink back down south.

Larry

Quarlow

Ok you guys, I want to make this hillbilly bacon. Now that I have found the cure. So I need a recipe. Anyone got a link to it?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

drewpatton

Larry, I cant wait to taste some real apple brandy again. This B/S they sell up here is almost undrinkable.. almost ;)

Quarlow, I also posted a few links in a seperate post about about beef and pork cuts. I have learned a lot from the charts and info on that site!

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15872.0

oakville smoker

I am a thinking I should be a tryin some of this bacin ....
I gots about 20 pounds of side bacin in the fridge curing now
I think some of this might take its place once cured

Looking good, keep us posted
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?