• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just recived great news.

Started by dribron, May 09, 2010, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dribron

I just got an e-mail from cabela's stating that my order has arrived. I will be stopping by there tomarow afternoon to pick up my new toy a OBS. Man am I excited.. Hope to have time to get her put together and cured tomarow night.

Tenpoint5

Something tells me you will make the time to get the smoker all set up and seasoned. Don't forget to pick up a box or 4 of bisquettes. Use them special blend ones to do the seasoning with.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Well I got more good news, the time to put it together is about 10 minutes.

If it was me I would go back to Bradley's home page and look at the owners

manual so you will have a step up on it tomorrow when you get it.

Congrats.

dribron

Yeah, I already picked up a 120 box of messy pucks, and 48 hickory a few days back. And have been reading up a bit... lol I feel like a littel kid.. I'm sure this will beat the heck out of my smoke hollow electric.... lol

Tenpoint5

Quote from: dribron on May 09, 2010, 08:24:26 PM
Yeah, I already picked up a 120 box of messy pucks, and 48 hickory a few days back. And have been reading up a bit... lol I feel like a littel kid.. I'm sure this will beat the heck out of my smoke hollow electric.... lol
Like a kid on Christmas Eve!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DarqMan

Quote from: dribron on May 09, 2010, 08:24:26 PM

I've got one of those hollow electrics, they ain't even in the same league as the Bradley. Congrats to you dribron, let us know how the first smoke goes.... take pictures.  ;D ;D ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ArnieM

Congrats dribron.  We want pictures!  We want pictures!  ;D

Make sure to take a couple of the interior prior to seasoning.  It ain't ever gonna look like that again.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dribron

I'll have to try to rember to take pics,, if the excitment doesnt take over .. lol

Caneyscud

Let the SMOKING begin!!!!!!!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

dribron

We'll got it home, got it togther. Took all of about ten mins, heck I think it took longer to toss out the packaging.. lol Dang, if it aint pack up good. And what a nice machine, I mean the door open and close so smoothly, it's so well insulated. I havn't yet cured it, but will latter... wanted to read a bit of the manual. Then latter this week... Or tomarow I will be smoking something..... lets see, I've got ribs, and brisket in the freezer. Hmm, maybe a butt.... So many things to smoke and so littel time..... BUUUaaahhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!

classicrockgriller

I would save the ribs and brisket for a time to be used latter.

Starting small is not a bad thing. Gives you some time to learn your smoker

and make sure everthing is AOK.

But, a BUTT would not be a bad first smoke either.

Again Congrats.

TTNuge

Great to hear, can't wait to read about your first smoke!

dribron

Yeah, I guess, but this isn't my first smoker, just my first bradley. Temp, time and patience, and low and slow I know.... lol

dribron

I will make sure to post a few pics when I do. Can't wait.. just need to find time to do it ... lol The weekend is usally my time, although this week is pretty darn slow for me.. Guess that is how it goes sometimes... lol

classicrockgriller

Quote from: dribron on May 10, 2010, 10:41:20 AM
I will make sure to post a few pics when I do. Can't wait.. just need to find time to do it ... lol The weekend is usally my time, although this week is pretty darn slow for me.. Guess that is how it goes sometimes... lol

Call in sick! ;D