• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Total nubie. Starter recipie

Started by Osibisa, May 25, 2005, 03:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Check this dudes website out:http://www.lamaine.com/bbq/index.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">He a happy camper for sure~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Hi Peter,

The advice about waiting a day or two for the smoke flavor to distribute evenly or to use the odd pieces in other recipes is great.

I also noticed you used mesquite. Many of us use and like mesquite, but others (whom I won't mention him by name but it rhymes with "salad cracker") call mesquite the Devil Wood and wo'nt let it near their BS. I personally use mesquite, but I think the smoke intensity of the BS is so much greater that that of other smokers, that some of its less favorable characteristics come out when it's used for the same length of time as other wood flavors.  Whenever I use mesquite, I basically cut the smoking time in half compared to other woods.  See if that makes a difference next time you use mesquite.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

mc_unique

Good day to all newbies in the house,

Another great quick fix (great for beginers). Grab some chicken, wings, drums, breasts, watever. Get some BBQ sauce or a very sweet sauce of some sort, maby some sweet chillie sauce (my fave). Give the chicken a nice rub down ( I'd say mix it all together in a mixing bowl ), then after your all said n' done your all set to go and it only took 3 minutes to prepare.

Now all you have to do is set it in your B.S. and wait for the unit to do its magic then prepare your taste buds for a wild ride cause its gonna be a flavourfull ride.

enjoy

oh ps another good merinade for wings is any sort of hot sauce preferably one that already has garlic in it.

Smoke it up!

JJC

Hi Ru, welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing a simple and yummy-sounding recipe with us.  Don't be a stranger!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Osibisa

Hi Everybody.. Rain stopped so I got smoking again... Second attempt tried ribs...
Simply dusted with honey, brown sugar and a pinch or two of salt..
[:)]!!!!I'm a convert!!![:)]

Although I say so myself these were..(Note they were). the best ribs I ever cooked.
Smoked for just 1.5 hours of apple wood. Continued cooking at 200 for a total of 4 hours..
Mnjuh ewce ecervg cerca ...
Sorry! keyboard gummed up with sticky coating from ribs...[;)]!

What next.....hmmmmmmmm.
Peter.