• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mmmm Canadian Back Bacon

Started by Quarlow, May 24, 2010, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Ok here it is. My CBB. This turned out awesome. Ok, I didn't take pics of the before curing, but here it is after curing.

I wasn't going to tie it up but am glad I did. It made it more uniform and round like CBB should be.

Here it is after smoking. The third one is bagged and in the fridge already as it came out first. I gave it 2 hrs of apple smoke, and the only thing I did different was I forgot to dry to form pellicle.

I took a little slice off to see how it looked, it looks beautiful and it tasted great. It will be even better after resting for 2 days.

Thanks Habs for another great recipe. I will be making this often. I will add some pics on tuesday when I slice some of it up.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Mr Walleye

Nice job Q!

I'm heading to Northern Manitoba for a fishing trip next weekend for a week. There's 6 of us that go and every year it's mandatory that I bring the back bacon for every breakfast. Great stuff!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Thanks, you would have been king of the camp if you showed up with this stuff. I think the next time I am going to add some maple flavour to it. I will have to see if I can find some maple sugar.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Nice looking Back Bacon.

Am down to my last cple of pkgs and gonna have to make some more.

You may be able to find some maple extract. Intense!

Quarlow

I will look for it. I have maple syrup but I don't think it is strong enough.

OBS
BBQ

ArnieM

Lookin' good Q.  I tie mine up too.  I use maple syrup and they come out pretty good or so I've been told.  I normally smoke 'em with maple.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Well done. I need to make a batch in a few weeks for some friends.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

That is some beautiful looking bacon.  I'm gonna have to make me another one.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RAF128

I just finished a batch last weekend.   I sliced it on Thursday before I headed to the lake for the long weekend.   I wish I had tied mine.    Live and learn.   

OU812

That CBB looks GREAT!  Q

Tying the loins does make for a better lookin CBB but I have been netting them lately and once you get the hang of cramming the loins in there it goes pretty quick and they look somethin like this.

You dont have to hang them but it is one less rack you have to clean.

Rich_91360

looks like leftie is the one that got temp checked.

where do you get the netting?

OU812

Quarlow

Hey I like those nets. I will look for those at Stuffers when I go there again. I am for sure making this again and often. Thanks for all the good words but you guys help to make all these things successful otherwise guys like me would screw it up and get frustrated and never do it again. I have this uncanny ability to nail it the first time and then the next time I mess it all up. But with all the knowledge here it is hard to fail.

OBS
BBQ