• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

apple juice spray "infusion"?

Started by boxofrain, May 26, 2010, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxofrain

How Y'all are!?
Kinda new here to the Forums and was wanting to get some opinions on this subject.
I am going to cook my first brisket in the Bradley. ( I am a Texan, and have cooked many in my 50 yrs)
I am wanting to use apple juice for a spray during cooking. I am using a dry rub on the brisket as well.
My question is.....would it benefit the meat in any way to add some of my rub to the apple juice and let it "steep" at very low temp to flavor the spary? (straining through a cloth when finished and allowed to cool.)
Or is just straight up apple juice the better way to go here?
Thanks for all the great  info Y'all provide on these forums
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime

classicrockgriller

Sounds like a great idea!

Might just be the perfect ticket.

I like it!

(From one Texan to another)

BuyLowSellHigh

I tired mops in the past and gave them up.  That said, Scott Roberts at the Salt Lick says cook fat side down, baste the top and sides three times with a beef broth based liquid.  I like your idea of adding some rub to the liquid to keep the seasoning - moping has a tendency to wash away the good seasoning.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Quarlow

Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 26, 2010, 09:05:06 AM
Sounds like a great idea!

Might just be the perfect ticket.

I like it!

(From one Texan to another)
I am with CRG on this. What could be better than infusing some of what you already have on it in with the apple juice. Damn good idea. Welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

boxofrain

Thanks for the warm smoky welcome and the input!
I will try the infusion, and let Y'all know how it turns out.
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime