• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

puck advance

Started by msed, May 30, 2010, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msed

i am having trouble with puck advance some times works some times does not the power is on the fuse is good, no grinding noise. if i turn it off and on a couple of times i starts to work i am afraid it will stop in the middle of my smoke. any sugestions?

Habanero Smoker

Not hearing a grinding noise, does that mean you do not hear the motor at all, or does it mean the motor sound normal?

Does it work when you push the advance button?

It may be that you have a loose/unconnected wire, or the micro switch is getting stuck. You will need to open the generator and check it out (this will not void your warranty).
Generator

Spray the micro switch with electrical contact cleaner, and follow the rest of the following instructions:
Briquettes Not Feeding Properly

Other useful tips:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

msed

not hearing motor at all and does not work with advance button. it is an intermittent problem. when i turn it on and off it seem to reset and works (did last night) i just have to go through the "resetting process" before every smoke. i will take it apart and clean it see if that helps

BuyLowSellHigh

Your problem sounds a lot like what was happening to me on a DBS - thread here.  Cleaning the microswitch solved my problem.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

msed

looks like cleaning  the microswitch did the trick. thanks for the help guys.