next puck on deck starts burning before cycle

Started by yobob92227, June 01, 2005, 01:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yobob92227

I know there must be an adjustment for it, but as the subject says the advance does not advance the first puck far enough away from the second puck. As a results I have one and a half pucks burning. Help would be appreciated.[:)]

Bob in Virginia

MallardWacker

Bob,

Mine does the same thing; some woods do it more or less than others.  To me it is not a issue.  I believe you do get the full benefit of the wood with this occurring.  Now if your pucks are moving through at less than 18-20 minutes a piece, then you might have a problem.  This is just my thoughts; others may have different feelings about it.  I typically use one package of pucks for each smoke and leave it at that.  However I am experimenting with less smoke (three hour range) and I have been happy with the results I have been getting. HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

Both of mine do this too.  It is not an issue.  Remember one puck is pushing the other forward, so there will be some minor charring on the next puck to advance.  It all evens out.  At the end, Bubba pucks are helpful to push the last remaining bisquette forward.  Now that I have a second smoker, I am going to have to get 3 more of the Bubba Pucks from Chez Bubba!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

I agree with Bill and Duck-Man--no need to worry.  Use the Bubba Pucks to help get the last wood pucks to burn properly.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

yobob92227

Thanks to everybody who responded. Great Forum.

Bob in Virginia

bsolomon

I think this effect is normal.  It is considered a pre-heat for the next puck in line.  This ensures a continuous stream of smoke rather than smoke/no smoke/smoke again which would occur as the next puck is pushed onto the burner until its temperature came up enough to start smoldering.