• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ping.... Caneyscud

Started by Tenpoint5, June 01, 2010, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Caney,
Was just wondering how things are drying out down in your neck of the woods. Did all of your BIG Stick burners survive unscathed?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Found one, but pretty well smashed up, the trailer twisted, door torn off, etc.... The other one, maybe KYNOLA can snag it before it gets into the Ohio River!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

Quote from: Caneyscud on June 01, 2010, 09:58:44 AM
Found one, but pretty well smashed up, the trailer twisted, door torn off, etc.... The other one, maybe KYNOLA can snag it before it gets into the Ohio River!

That sucks.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

DarqMan

Oh man, that is a bummer.  I'm sorry to hear.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Tenpoint5

Dang I was really hoping for a they're full of mud but everything is cool response. That really sucks that they are all beat up and gone all together. The Hideout Treager and Bradley are still good though right!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Those two were not at the house but at one of the partner's business.  Bradley is working great - did some good ribs Monday, the Hidden Traeger did some beef butt and BBribs last week for the office folk, the Bandera did 3 briskets a couple weeks ago, and "2 blocks and a rack" get used regularly with fajitas, ribeyes, burgers, and dogs. 

hal4uk

Whatta mess...
Smashed & twisted?
From the flood?
Or get a tornado too?
(seems the twisters are havin' a heck of a season too so far...)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Caneyscud

Luckily the tornadic winds were a few miles away - some near Franklin and near Goodlettsville.  The smokers got caught in the current.  In a fenced (barbed wire security fence) area that a tree or something tore through and demolished some of my buddies trucks and trailers also.  

BuyLowSellHigh

Damn that's tough, Caney.  Hate to hear it.  But, always trying to find a bright spot (and hoping there is insurance support), it creates a new acquisition opportunity.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

Sorry to hear this Caney - insurance is good for new toys - hope you're covered.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OldHickory

Sorry Caney, I can feel your pain.  I lived in Nashville for a few years, and I know the flood areas of the Cumberland River.  The Gerst House for good German food was one of my favorite hangouts, on 2nd Ave if I remember correctly and probably would be one of the flood victims.  The old Jim Coursey BBQ ( before your time ) was a favorite.  The newer one after Jim died was not the same.  Is the Bar B Cutie  and Uncle Bud's Catfish still around?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Caneyscud

Quote from: OldHickory on June 02, 2010, 11:51:48 AM
Sorry Caney, I can feel your pain.  I lived in Nashville for a few years, and I know the flood areas of the Cumberland River.  The Gerst House for good German food was one of my favorite hangouts, on 2nd Ave if I remember correctly and probably would be one of the flood victims.  The old Jim Coursey BBQ ( before your time ) was a favorite.  The newer one after Jim died was not the same.  Is the Bar B Cutie  and Uncle Bud's Catfish still around?

Man, you bring back some memories.  Jim Coursey's was one of our favorite places - my wife and I set our butts in their stools for a taste of their butt many times.  I agree with the new place (near Harding Mall which is now a WallyWorld) not being as good - did not last long.

Gerst House is still around - and did probably did get flooded.  It was moved a few blocks when the football stadium was built.  New building, but menu similar and expanded.  Still good, but a different atmosphere.  Owned by the guys who own the Sportsmen's Grilles and the Loveless Cafe.  Wait, no the Loveless is owned by the couple who own TomKats catering.  Was there an Old Heidleberg Restaurant in Downtown?  They had great German grub. 

Bar B Cutie is still around and doing well it seems.  I have changed office locations so don't get to go as much as I used to.  A place that is no longer is Herberts in Franklin.  Progress (city took parking spaces to widen the road in front) got to them as well as being tired of it all.  Nicks on Jefferson is gone as well.  And the White Cottage. 

Now talk about memories - Uncle Bud's.  My wife and I's first date was there at the original place out Hillsboro Pike (now a tack shop).  It was a bit of a shocker, because I had not had whole fried catfish before then.  My wife grew up with it, but I was a filet guy.  He moved to a much bigger place on a pond near the I-65 Franklin exit and did well for awhile.  But Bud sold out and eventually started another catfish restaurant in Bellevue, but don't think it lasted long - bad location.  He sold out to some people who expanded to several stores in several cities and I think states.  Didn't do so well, so they shrunk again to just around Nashville.  Haven't been back in quite a few years, because after they took over, the quality really went down.  And the all you can eat used to take forever to get any food after the first plate.  I can get all you can eat catfish at Shoneys that is as good or better and at a far less cost!  My favorite catfish place is now Catfish House in Smyrna.  Well actually the favorite place is our kitchen.  We don't go out for catfish anymore.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane OldHickory.

OldHickory

Glad to hear you got to enjoy some of Old Jim Coursey's good BarBQ. I was very regular there and would wash it down with a good dark beer.  I loved Uncle Bud's catfish, and especially the beans and hushpuppies..  Loveless Motel, now that brings back memories.  Country ham, hot biscuits and white milk gravy, eggs fixed the way you like them-- damn now I am hungry again.  Thanks for the update, and good luck on the rebuild.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.