• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ribs 2 days

Started by CLAREGO, June 01, 2005, 06:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

has anyone done ribs in 2 days, meaning you do the whole smoking process the day before then the next day you put the bbq sauce on it and finish off on a gas or charcoal grill the next day? any suggestion on this. when i do smoke them should i go all the way to 185 then reheat them on the grill so the sauce carmilizies it ???

MallardWacker

CLAREGO,

This past weekend I done just that.  Came out great  The folks have been mentioning about smoking for 3-4 hours then placing them in foil for the remaining of the cook.  I found this not to the best thing for my liking BUT it did yeild a VERY tender product.  SO I kind of did some experimenting and I decided to smoke some Spares (cut down to St. Louis Style), I have never been able to get spares to come out the way I think a rib should be. But This time they did.  I smoked them to I thought the rendering was just about done then wraped them in foil and cooked for another 1.5hrs.  Then at at my convience I placed them on the grill with my favorite sauce.  Came out great.  The only thing that let me down was the rub, I used a brand that I had never tried before.  I smoked at about 210 and cooked in foil about 250-275. I will be doing ribs like this next time, especially spares--finally got those suckers to come out right.If you watch the food network or BBQ contests you will some of them using foil in their rib cook.  HTH

THANKS BigSmoker!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

I don't think I really did anything but your welcome.  Glad the ribs came out good.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

I kind of do mine like Duck Man.  I smoke them 3 hours. Then remove them. Allow them to cool and then wrap in plastic. Place in refrig. The next day I cook them over direct oak flame. Ribs are one of the few items I do a rub on... that is until I get to my Mother's and wife's. Rub them and I don't any coffee in the mornings. LOL!

I don't sauce mine or Mothers until the ribs are about 3/4 ways cooked. Once they are carmelized I do the foil wrap cooler deal. Sometimes after that I will throw them back on a very hot grill for one minute on each side.

BTW In my spare time *cough* *cough* I've been messing around trying to create a dark sweet BBQ sauce that will blend well with ribs that have been grilled over a direct oak flame.....

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

I discovered this old post the other day while doing a search on 'Ribs'. There are some great ideas from the old pro's here. I have been doing baby backs for a while but have always gotten inconsistant results. Oh, they are always good but usually not falling off the bone good. I tried this '2 day' method during the week and had great results. I recommend trying this method for great baby back ribs. Next time I'll do the spareribs. Can't wait. Thanks
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"