• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help

Started by Hiram, June 04, 2010, 03:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiram

I started my smoker today set temp at 220, put the meat in at 165, it never got above 167, then the light by the front door went out. By some miraculous luck I got to the parameters and the PID was set on CO2, tried once again for 15 mins. finally got it set to CO1. When I set the temp to 220 push the set button I get a E01 in the temp window and a F in the temperature/time window.
It's a dual Auber PID, is the pid bad or programming screwed up, if you have any suggestions really dumb it down as I'm electronically challenged, thanks.

classicrockgriller

If you call Auber real quick, Suyi will help you!

he is a great guy!

Hiram

I doubt he's there it's 7PM my time on Friday, I know I wouldn't be there. The light on front of the unit is unlit, but if I bypass the pid the light comes and the element comes on cherry red, not so with the pid. So I guess I'll take my remote thermometer out of one of the pork butts and suspend it in the cabinet and try to adjust the slider, between the 2 butts to 220 and after it holds steady there occasionally stick it in the meat to check for temp. I don't expect these to be done until noon tomorrow. I've probably screwed up the programming on the PID or it's defunct, I guess I'll try to finish them old school.

classicrockgriller

I take it you have the dual probe.

tell me how you have it programmed.

BuyLowSellHigh

Not sure what you are trying to set for your program but if you have the dual probe, and for any C0x the end paramater E0x is F, the if the meat probe is absent or not functioning you will get an error message and beeping.  Is that what is happening?

Set the temp as C0x, the end point for that step is E0x, choose t for time or F for temp, then set whichever it is in hours or degrees.  The go to the next step for six steps.  If you don't need the subsequent steps just enter zeros.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

TestRocket

I'm sorry I can't help but that is exactly my nightmare because of not having a PID yet and not having come across any detailed programming info (or online manual) I worry about using it the first couple of times. "Old school" equals a long night. Sorry and good luck!

Hiram

I've never set any steps on the unit as I don't really need them. I'm just trying to get back to setting the cabinet temp and using probe 2 to tell the meat temp. I feel really stupid here I can rebuild a small block chevy and built my own computer and can't program the PID. I can't find the at2 to autotune the PID and when I push the set as in the directions all I get is the locked position. I noticed the beeping without the food probe, I just plug in in when doing ribs without using it.

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: TestRocket on June 04, 2010, 04:14:40 PM
I'm sorry I can't help but that is exactly my nightmare because of not having a PID yet and not having come across any detailed programming info (or online manual) I worry about using it the first couple of times. "Old school" equals a long night. Sorry and good luck!

The Auber comes with a cd - the manual is a pdf.  PM me with an email address and I'll send you a copy if you like.

The programming is very simple and easy.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

You can by-pass the meat probe but you have to have all steps set to time.

But leave it plugged in.

PM me if you want me to send you my #.

It may be easier to talk to you.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on June 04, 2010, 04:14:40 PM
I’m sorry I can’t help but that is exactly my nightmare because of not having a PID yet and not having come across any detailed programming info (or online manual) I worry about using it the first couple of times. “Old school” equals a long night. Sorry and good luck!

TestRocket ..... HawkEyeSmokes, 10.5, and Habs did a great write explaining the Auber.

It is in the recipe site.

TestRocket

You guys are too good! BuyLowSellHigh I would very much like to be able to see the manual before I get my PID, I'll PM you. CRG I would be happy to exchange #'s for the difficult questions and will PM you too and I'll also search for the Auber the thread. Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

I would like to take credit, but I didn't help with the write up, I just posted it.

Here is Hawkeye's review:
Auber Plug & Play PIDs

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)