• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More ribs

Started by DarqMan, June 12, 2010, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Some friends daughter is having a birthday this weekend (I think she's turning 13) and they asked me to smoke some ribs for the party.  Me?  Smoke ribs?  Well, alright, stop twisting my arm!!!

The four slabs on the left are coated in brown sugar and Head Country rub.  The one of the far right is rubbed with Memphis Mae's rib rub.  I found the rub at Ace and thought it looked good.  Has a touch of ginger.  It will be fun to compare the two.

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

Lucky people at that party!

Always fun to experiment with something new.

3rensho

That young lady is gonna get some good eats.  Looks great.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

classicrockgriller

Make them some Head Country Beans. Yum!

BuyLowSellHigh

Checkout Memphis Mae's  -  intersting place!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DarqMan

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on June 12, 2010, 09:59:37 AM

Looks like a nice place.  We'll see how good their rub does on baby backs.  When I first tasted it I didn't really like it.  But I tasted it again and it is just different than anything I've ever had so I'm keeping an open mind. I only put it on one rack, we'll see.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

classicrockgriller

It might be one of those rubs that turn magic after some heat is applied.

deb415611

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on June 12, 2010, 09:59:37 AM

very interesting,  it's only an hour & 1/2 from here.  Arnie's even closer

BuyLowSellHigh

Not to hijack or disrupt the thread, Memphis Mae's has highly experienced NYC restaurant talent behind it.  Menu is intriguing, as is the bistro setting.

Here's one in Chicago that, if ever I get back there, will be on my list.  It was started as a labor of love by some young former IT guys with zero restaurant experience who really wanted to do barbecue, so they started SmoqueCheck it out , especially their BBQ Manifesto.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DarqMan

Smoque was featured on triple D, Diners, Drive-in's and Dives.

DarqMan

These ribs are the best I've done since I joined the forum.  This is what they look like when they came off.  The other two racks are already being devoured. These came out extremely tender and the bone is clean as a whistle when you're done.

My first piece before:

My first piece after:

classicrockgriller

What method of cooking/smoking did you use.

The OBS or the 075?

It really makes no difference, they are pretty!

KevinG

It looks like those came out real good DarqMan.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

DarqMan

I used the 075.  For the first 3 hours, each hour I sprayed a fine mist of apple juice and turned them.  After three hours they went into foil with a apple juice and Head Country baste.  I left them in foil for 2.5 hours.  I them removed from foil took and mopped both sides with HC, then cranked it for the last half hour to set the glaze.

DarqMan

Quote from: KevinG on June 12, 2010, 04:11:33 PM
It looks like those came out real good DarqMan.

Thanks Kevin, they are delicious. I'm pleased.