1st Smoke Started

Started by waltmere, June 13, 2010, 07:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltmere

After everyones suggestions Butt it is!!!!!!!!!!! Started smokin at 6:30 this morning.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

waltmere

GusRobin

when do you plan on eating? I have done 2 butts both at 230F. 1 was 8# and took 20 hrs; another was 8.6# and took about the same. You'll find each butt is a little different.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

I'm with GR on the timing.  Most likely will take a long time but whatever you do don't rush it and don't fret when the internal temp of the meat "stalls" at 155-160 for several hours.  That's exactly what you want it to do.  That's when the magic happens.  It will eventually start rising again. 

If you're an accomplished smoker I apologize for giving you this advice. I can't recall if you already have smoking experience.

I think I can smell the smoke all the way over here in Kentucky! :D

Sailor

Do we have pictures of the virgin butt?  We love pic's.   ;D  I am sure you will do a fantastic job.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

DarqMan

We want pictures!!!

Congrats on the maiden smoke.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

BuyLowSellHigh

Starte at 6:30 this morning ... calculating ... well, if it's a good size butt, like 7+ lbs, it might be a long night.  When I did my first in the DBS I started at night and it was still a long mostly sleepless night.

Have fun with this one and take a lot of pics - you will most likely be amazed when you first taste the end product and it is unlikely that you will ever forget the experience.  Enjoy and keep us posted on the progress.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

waltmere

The smoke is coming along fine ...... Meat temp at 156 ...... I forgot to mention that I own a Masterbuilt Analog so I have done this before ...... So far so good..........Thanks for all the words of advice I love the passion displayed in this forum.
Walt

waltmere

Sorry Guys No Pics but the Butt turned out Great. The BDS was everything i hoped it would be...........Now 2nd element mod...............

TestRocket

Glad the butt turned out "Great". I've yet to do one and plan to do one soon. I just did the second element mod and all the info you can find here is a big help. Good luck!