• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

auber question

Started by bears fan, June 13, 2010, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bears fan

I just received the dual probe auber pid and I'm confused.  I've printed the instructions on how to program it and my "set" button does not seem to do anything.  I'm thinking it may not be working.  To program the temperature, I'm suppose to push the set button and then use the + or - buttons to adjust the temperature, but nothing happens with I push the set button.

Am I doing something wrong to set the temperature?

classicrockgriller

I have two and the button on one of mine I have to push hard.

Make sure you are connected to your cabinet (from the Auber)

After the set button is pushed you should see CO1.

bears fan

What do you mean when you say connnected to the cabinet?

I tried it all connected to the OBS and no change.  Wouldn't think that would make a difference anyway.

classicrockgriller

On the OBS, the cord from the center of your cabinet has to be replace with a different cord and ran to the Auber.

classicrockgriller

bears fan

Does it have to be connected to the OBS in order to set the temperature?  I think I had it connected properly to the OBS, but I will have to research that again with the instructions.

BuyLowSellHigh

When you have everything hooked up and you turn the Auber on, what does the display show?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

The slide control needs to be wide open also. (to the right)

bears fan

I get the current temperature reading is all I get.  Basically it is an expensive thermometor is what I have at this point.

I did not have the slide control on at all, so I will have to try that after I get done with the bacon wrapped chicken breast I'm smoking right now. 

I did have it hooked up properly when I had it on.  I didn't realize that I had to have it all hooked up and everything turned on just to play around with it so I knew how to use it.  I thought I could sit in the house and figure out the settings before I tried it out.

classicrockgriller

Sorry, you should be able to do your setting without hooking it to the Bradley.

I didn't realize that. I just tryed it on both mine.

bears fan

That is what I thought.  So, I'm pretty sure mine is defective then.  Because nothing happens when I press the set button.  Obviously, something should happen so I can change the temp and various other settings.  I'll have to send it back and have them send a new one.  Dang it! :-\

classicrockgriller

DID you hoof the probes up, if not you will get an -H- reading.

classicrockgriller

I just disconnected my probes and I STILL can change the settings.

Call Suyi in the morning or before 6.

He is really a nice guy and will probably have you run thru a few steps on it.

Like BLSH ask .... what do you see when you turn yours on?

try pushing the set button a little harder.

Ok I read what you stated.

Like I said one of mine the set button is kinda hard to push.

deb415611

send Suyi an email, he has responded on weekends

BuyLowSellHigh

You don't need to have it hooked to the Bradley to play with it, but you will need Probe 1 (the short straight one) at a minimum and probe 2 in addition if you re programming for IT control.  Turn it on, try as CRG suggested pushing the set button and press hard enough you feel a little click.  If you don't advance to a reading of C01, try pressing the + button just once,  that should show the current step (e.g., P01).  Let us know what happens.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here