Just ordered

Started by slickd23, June 14, 2010, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slickd23

I just ordered the 4 rack original.  I have never smokd before and am looking forward to it.  Can't wait to get started. I look forward to getting all kinds of good tips from this forum.
Thanks in advance.
Slickd23

Habanero Smoker

Hi slickd23;

Welcome to the forum.

While waiting for your smoker to come in you may want to check out some of these links.

Recipes

FAQ's

Seasoning Your Bradley

Bisquettes

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller

Well Habs has fixed you up, so I 'll just say

Howdy and Welcome to the Forum.

Congrats on your new Bradley.

KevinG

Ditto -  ;D Welcome to the forum!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

TestRocket

Welcome aboard Slickd23. You've found a good forum where any question will get answered and help is but a question away.

DarqMan

Welcome to the forum Slickd23.  You will enjoy the OBS, it's the same unit I own and I love it.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

bears fan

Welcome.  I to had never smoked anything until I bought the OBS either.  Stay on the forum and you will get all kinds of help when you need it.  It won't take you long to learn the ropes and realize all the toys you want to get to accessorize your OBS.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum slickd23!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Welcome Slick, you will be a smoking pro before you know it.  Habs sent you some good links to look at.

Caneyscud

Welcome to the forum Slick!  A great place to hang out.  You have only begun your journey down the road of smoking nirvana.  There may be bumps along the road, but if you get down on your knees and look at those bumps closely, you'll notice that those bumps are nothing but the bark forming on your smoking experience!  Cherish them.  Remember there are no mistakes in smoking just opportunities to experiment!  and maybe to buy more toyools!

BTW - Bear those aren't toys. they are tools.  At least that is what I tell the wife and she is still believing it - don't ruin it for me!  ;D ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

slickd23

Thanks everyone.  I will get reading.  What is a good wireless thermometer to get for the internal meat temp?

DTAggie

First one I picked up was a Polder from Cabela's.  Has a single probe that reads two temps on the display - one food with the point of the probe and one cabinet temp with sensor at other end of the prob.  Picked up a second pretty inexpensive one at Bass Pro the other, cannot remember the brand though.  They both right at same temps.

shoresdiver

Welcome!  I was a complete smoker virgin only a few months ago, and am now smoking just about anything I can get my hands on (with a lot of help from all of the other forum members!)

I got a Maverick ET-7 off Amazon.  It will allow you to monitor two meats, or one meat and the cabin temp.  BUT, I later got a two probe Auber PID.  http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=151&zenid=250a49820dd60e58b4e1b467c7913368 

That is a truly life changing experience!  After running out every twenty minutes to check the temp and mess with the temp slider, with the PID, you just set a temp and it runs itself.  ;D

ilwaldens

Welcome slickd23.  I seasoned my 4 rack bds last weekend and used a meat gauge I had picked up a number of years back.  It worked fine, but I'm considering ordering the auber.  Went shopping tonight at Sam's club and picked up a bunch of meat.  I'm ready to go if it ever stops storming here in illinois.

Caribou

Welcome to the Forum Slickd23 :)
And congrats on your new purchase, too.
Carolyn