• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Nice Video on how to do the English sausage twist

Started by Sailor, June 16, 2010, 12:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

I found a video that shows how to twist a rope into the English 3 link twist.  I see them hanging in all sorts of butcher shop photos and I had no idea as to how to do it.  It is really pretty simple after watching the video.  I am thinking a person can hang a few more links in a Bradley if the rope is twisted this way.  Perhaps of of our experts has been doing this and can expand on it a bit.

http://www.sausagemaking.org/linkingSausages.html

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

watchdog56

I wonder how much smoke flavor gets to the sausage's that are touching each other because they are so close when hanging?

classicrockgriller

deb415611

Nepas can do that ! :)  Somewhere on this forum there are pictures.

RAF128

Quote from: watchdog56 on June 16, 2010, 12:40:32 PM
I wonder how much smoke flavor gets to the sausage's that are touching each other because they are so close when hanging?

I was thinking the same thing as I watched.   I always arrange my sausages as close as I can get them with having them touch each other.

jmac0501

That feller has done that a time or two.....  I'd still be fumbling all over myself.

RAF128

It's got to be tough when you're try to tie a knot in your sausage with wet slippery fingers :-\

Roadking

manxman

Believe me it is no where near as easy as it looks!!  :-[

I have watched this video numerous times and even been into my local butchers shop for lessons at 6.30 am on a Tuesday when he makes up his sausages for the week and even after all that I am fingers and thumbs.  ::)

The only time I (cold) smoked some I did so before making the links.  :)
Manxman