redi chek remote smoker thermometer

Started by SteveBird, June 05, 2005, 11:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveBird

Hey Folks,

Where do you run the cable for the smoker thermometer?  If it passes through the door seam smoke escapes and I wonder if that will hurt the smoker in the long run.

I've always run my meat thermometer out the top through the smoke vents.

When I read a posting claiming the thermometer on the door of the smoker wasn't acurate I bought this chamber thermometer to check it out.

Thanks for you help.

SteveBird

SteveBird

OK, I figured it out.  I ran the chamber temp line through the hinge side of the smoker door and it is working fine.  

Before when I ran my meat temp line up through the top of the smoker door smoke would leak through where the line was.  I corrected that by running the meat temp line through the smoker vents on top of the Bradley.

I wish the lines were longer.

So far I've noticed that the temp is darn close to the door thermometer.

My brisket is up and running.

Have a great day folks.

SteveBird

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

I just close the door on the wire.  If the top vent is cracked, no smoke leaks out.  Wouldn't it be slick i there was a plug inside to just plug in your probe....obviously would have to be a custom plug due to the different types of monitoring devices, but it sure would be nice to just have a temp sensor inside you could plug into.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SteveBird

What can you folks tell me about how some people wrap their smoked brisket, etc. in foil and towels after the smoking to end the process?

What's the deal on that?

Thanks.

SteveBird

owrstrich

its all right here...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1732

did i mention that ftc really freaks me out... they say not to try it at home... but where else you gonna try it... at the motel 6 in gilroy california with the bigwheelhawaii of course...

you gotts to eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

SteveBird

thanks owrstrich,

I tried it with my brisket and everything worked out fine.

Now I know I can smoke a bunch of stuff one after another, FTC and everything will keep until it's time for the feedbag.

for example, on the 4th, I'm going for the butt, brisket, baby back ribs, in the bs, and beer can chickens on my Weber.  It's going to be an awesome dinner.

thanks again.

SteveBird

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />with the bigwheelhawaii of course...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
BWH is stateside? When you hook up,,,,,,, buy him a beer for me,,,,,,, & I'll send ya some pucks,,,,,in return. Get him drunk,,, & make him promise me,,,,, a bingo!,,,,,[:D][:D],,,,,,

Kirk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

owrstrich

bubba... we spent the last 4 days with the bigwheelhawaii...

he wouldnt let us pay for anything except i did get to buy him a beer...

as far as the bingo... those things aint planned... theys justs happens...

he is one he11uva human being... nonstop stories... nonstop...

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...