• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fathers Day 2010

Started by FLBentRider, June 18, 2010, 05:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Plans?

You still going to smoke/cook or hand over the reins?

Not sure here other than DS gets back from scout camp Saturday night, DS leaves on mission trip in Bahamas early Sunday morning.

I haven't been home for Fathers Day in like 5 years (Seems like I'm always @ scout camp)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GusRobin

I'll smoke a couple of chickens, asparagus, and the wife will make some syracuse potatoes.
Just received some of my father's day presents- thermapen and some CT. (of course I bought them for myself)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TestRocket

Decided to make it as easy as possible on myself and yet make use of my barely broken in OBS. Trying chicken wings and moink balls. Picked up some wings and frozen meet balls and plan to have those along with hotdogs and mac & cheese. Mrs. Jan makes some good mac & cheese! We're expecting 6-7 adults and 4 young ones and its going to be a hot day again (94-96 degs). I plan to fire up the charcoal grill to finish off the wings and to cook the hotdogs! Happy early Father's Day to all the dads!

ArnieM

My two daughters and their SO's are coming to cook on Sunday.  I got six prime NY strips at the butcher yesterday.  Debbie (wife) got the wine today.  Let them make what they want.  I'm going to relax and have a few, as CRG calls them, 'adultery'  bevs.  I might even get my car washed.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RAF128

Pulled pork here on Sunday afternoon.   The butt is resting in the fridge in the garage after I rubbed it.    Will start the smoke tomorrow and it'll go all night.    I'll check it Sunday morning early when I leave the house for a 6:12 T off.    Son wants to take me golfing.   He's been practicing and figures sooner or later he'll beat me ;).

stantonl

Happy Father's Day to all the smokers on here. Going to take my dad fishing on saturday and enjoy my Mom's cooking for a change on Sunday.

Larry

Tenpoint5

I have been informed that we will be going to see my Step Dad at some point during the day and we will be stopping in to see the FIL as well. I don't expect to be doing much cooking outside. As it is forecast that we will be receiving "Impressive amounts of rain" on Sunday.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on the Forum!

FLBentRider

We just destroyed 8lbs of King Crab and a pound of butter.

DD is leaving in the AM for mission trip.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Think I'm getting pizza.

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Well at least it will have smoked meat on top.......right?

Sorce

Not a dad yet, so yes I'm smoking baby backs, and transporting them to my parents.