Seems like a father's day trend...

Started by Johnex, June 20, 2010, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnex

New guy with new 4xDBS.  Biggest issue is what to try first. The freezer full of pheasants is calling my name, likely a boston butt to follow.  Great forum, tried to search for FAQ to get lingo, etc. (the mfg page seems weak)  Where is it?  Looking forward the process.

classicrockgriller

punchlock

Welcome Johnex, your in good company here, I am new owner of a DBS as well the people are verry helpful.

DarqMan

Welcome to the forum Johnex!  Lot's of great folks here to help you out. Your going to love your Bradley.  Post pics of your smokes because we like looking at others food ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

GusRobin

welcome Johnex. You will find that no matter what problem or question you have someone here is able and willing to help. Great bunch of folks. You are in for a great ride. Problem is you will soon find that you spend most of your time either smoking or planning a smoke.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Welcome John. Pheasant sounds awesome.

Rider Fan

Yup, a Fathers Day treat!!!  Just finished seasoning my OBS... Tomorrow the fun begins!

classicrockgriller

Rider Fan, hiya and Welcome to the Forum.

Start you a post in introductions so we can give the proper Howdy's.

ArnieM

Hi Johnex and welcome to the forum.  You might want to practice on the butt first; pretty forgiving hunk of meat but it does take a long time.

Hope you got the lead shot out of the pheasants  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Johnex

Thanks for the links to the faqs and the advice on where to start.  I am seasoned and ready to rumble.  kind regards to all who responded, this is an active and impressive forum.  Pics to follow...

TestRocket

Welcome aboard Johnex,
A word of warning, your family is going to think you've gone nuts when you start taking PICS of your food before and after you cook it.  ;)

VI_Smoker

Welcome to the insanity Johnex, I'll second TestRocket, my wife thinks I've gone barking mad, before and after pixtures , taking notes, reading the forum, obsessing over the CT, IT etc...  BUT she loves the results!

waterkc

welcome to the forum, please show us some pics as you go.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

FLBentRider

Quote from: VI_Smoker on June 21, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
Welcome to the insanity Johnex, I'll second TestRocket, my wife thinks I've gone barking mad, before and after pixtures , taking notes, reading the forum, obsessing over the CT, IT etc...  BUT she loves the results!

The end justifies the means.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

waterkc

Hey Johnex, I think  you be right man. I got mine as a Father Day Gift alos. Since then I have smoked pork loins, chicken, briskiet, Country Ham, and getting ready to do a Piggy Butt.

I can't stop myself, muhaaa

Welcome to the forum, lots of great helpful people here.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."