• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Father's Day rib cook

Started by DarqMan, June 20, 2010, 01:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

My 16 year old son requested ribs for Father's Day.  Three racks of baby backs rubbed in Memphis Mae's rib rub, and smoked on Traeger for about 6 hours with apple pellets.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Sorce

Look good, seems a lot of people on here are doing baby backs for fathers day.

OldHickory

Looks like a lot of Fathers are cooking on Father's day.  Those ribs look good.  Your Son is growing up learning to eat the good stuff.  Happy Father's Day
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

DTAggie

Good job Steve.  Hope you are having a great day.

KevinG

So does that mean your 16 year old is a father?  ;D Ribs are an terrific choice anyhow, good to see him making sound decisions.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

DarqMan

Quote from: KevinG on June 20, 2010, 04:10:44 PM
So does that mean your 16 year old is a father?  ;D Ribs are an terrific choice anyhow, good to see him making sound decisions.

It's funny, when he was a little boy he loved going to Celebration Station which is like a Chuckie Cheese's with go-carts and what not.  One year on my birthday he called and said, "Dad, I'm going to ask my Mom if you can take me to Celebration Station for your birthday, okay?"

He's a great kid and thankfully NOT a father yet.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DTAggie

Smokin Soon

DM, Did you go the whole cook on the pooper with no foil time like FL?

DarqMan

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 20, 2010, 06:03:35 PM
DM, Did you go the whole cook on the pooper with no foil time like FL?

I let them go for 3 hours, flipping once halfway and spraying each side with apple juice on the turn.  Then, I foiled them and used a condiment squirt bottle to cover both sides in Head Country BBQ sauce.  Left them in foil almost two hours.  Removed from foil, added more sauce and left on for another hour. They could have used another half hour in foil in my opinion.  They were good, but the bone wasn't completely clean like the ones I did last week.

classicrockgriller

Ribs look Killer.

Glad son got to spend the Day with you.

SnellySmokesEm

Nice ribs, and happy father's day. 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Happy late Father's Day! Did you get to have leftovers for lunch today? I did!  ;D

DarqMan

Quote from: TestRocket on June 21, 2010, 01:07:22 PM
Happy late Father's Day! Did you get to have leftovers for lunch today? I did!  ;D

I gave left overs to son to share with his mom. 

TestRocket