• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Troubles in the Gulf!

Started by classicrockgriller, June 25, 2010, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

I used to upload my weather data to wunderground, originally it was free, but then they started charging. I decided I should get paid for my electricity rather than pay them for the privilege of my data.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on June 26, 2010, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: FLBentRider on June 26, 2010, 07:19:40 AM
http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/

Catchy name!

I like the "wind field" on the map. Gives you a better scope of how big those things really are. Everyone seems to focus on the "center" We've been whacked pretty good by the edges too!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BuyLowSellHigh

Well early yesterday morning we started Plan A for a hurricane evac on the coming Friday - facing a holiday weekend having secured reservations were high on the priority list.  As the day progressed and the models evolved, the forecast kept dropping further to the south taking the wide edge of the cone completely out of the US.  Then with the 0700 CDT discussion the rosy picture starts to become cloudier.  Comments form the NHC discussion that are cause for continued concern ...

"THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE CURRENTLY SITUATED ACROSS FLORIDA AND THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO ERODES IN THE 36-72 HOUR TIME FRAME LEAVING A LARGE WEAKNESS IN THE RIDGE OVER THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN GULF. THIS WEAK FLOW PATTERN IS EXPECTED TO CAUSE ALEX TO SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW THE CYCLONE TO GAIN SOME LATITUDE."

"IF THE RECENT NORTHWARD SHIFT IN THE MODELS CONTINUES...THEN ALEX COULD REMAIN OVER WATER FOR THE NEXT 5
DAYS RESULTING IN A VERY POWERFUL HURRICANE."
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on June 27, 2010, 05:44:21 AM
Well early yesterday morning we started Plan A for a hurricane evac on the coming Friday - facing a holiday weekend having secured reservations were high on the priority list.  As the day progressed and the models evolved, the forecast kept dropping further to the south taking the wide edge of the cone completely out of the US.  Then with the 0700 CDT discussion the rosy picture starts to become cloudier.  Comments form the NHC discussion that are cause for continued concern ...

"THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE CURRENTLY SITUATED ACROSS FLORIDA AND THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO ERODES IN THE 36-72 HOUR TIME FRAME LEAVING A LARGE WEAKNESS IN THE RIDGE OVER THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN GULF. THIS WEAK FLOW PATTERN IS EXPECTED TO CAUSE ALEX TO SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW THE CYCLONE TO GAIN SOME LATITUDE."

"IF THE RECENT NORTHWARD SHIFT IN THE MODELS CONTINUES...THEN ALEX COULD REMAIN OVER WATER FOR THE NEXT 5
DAYS RESULTING IN A VERY POWERFUL HURRICANE."

That's not good!