• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cleaning?

Started by Mailman, June 28, 2010, 07:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman

just used my 4 rack digital smoker for the first time today. food came out very good. So how well do you all clean it up? i can understand the grates. put the drip pan water pan and the pan in the bottom? Discolored from smoke and heat. However it will come off with a lot of elbow grease. Just think its a loosing battle over time. what do you all do?
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

GusRobin

I clean the racks, the v tray. I use a 9X13 disposible cake pan in lieu of the bowl that comes with the Bradley. I usually spray these with a coating like Pam before the cook and it helps make it easier to clean. I throw these guys into the dishwasher.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

anything that touches food gets A+ cleaning

water bowl and pan underneath get B cleaning

V tray gets scraped and washes kinda good B+ cleaning

And ditto on what Gus said

Quarlow

I'll second everything said so far. Just don't touch the inside. If after awhile you start to get some flaking just take a crumpled up piece of newspaper and give it a light brushing to get the flakes off. And every couple of smokes take the screw out of the vent and give it a good cleaning around that.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Wildcat

As a final item - Immediately after the smoke, take a damp rag and give the door seal a good going over.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

3rensho

Yeah, racks, V-pan, water bowl and bottom pan all get chucked into the dishwasher.  Come out like new.  The door seal gets a wipe with a Windex soaked paper towel as well as around the vent.  Never touch the inside.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

squirtthecat

Ditto to all.   I also use my leaf blower to blast the sawdust crumbs out of the smoker generator..

And my bubba pucks go in the dishwasher as well.  Sometimes they get a bit 'sticky'.

ArnieM

I put some vegetable oil on a paper towel and rub down the racks prior to use.  I don't like PAM and besides, you're spraying about 95% of it into the air.

When cold, I'll rub any stuck stuff off the racks and then they go into the dishwasher.

I usually only clean the V tray every few smokes, but I do pretty light loads.  I scrape off anything fairly loose and then put it into the sink and spray it down with Dawn Power Cleaner.  Let it sit for 20 minutes or so, give it a wipe and then into the dishwasher.  The water bowl and drip tray are cleaned "as required" in the dishwasher.

As mentioned, no cleaning of the inside of the cabinet is required unless you have flakes.  Then, just brush them off.

Keep the SG clean.  Yes, a leaf blower works.  I use a compressor.  Keep the chute clean.  If I get a build up, I'll gently scrape it off and then use some fine steel wool to finish cleaning it up.

Pretty much as CRG said, anything that touches food should be spotless.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.