• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Stoker for Bubba Keg

Started by DarqMan, June 28, 2010, 09:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

I've been quiet tonight because I've been doing a dry run with the new Stoker that arrived.  I started a fire in the Bubba Keg and set the Stoker at 250.  For the past two hours the temp has not varied more than 2 degrees (either way) from the target!!!  To be able to control the unit from my phone is too cool.  This seems to be a dream come true for geeks who enjoy Bubba Q'ing ;D

I've downloaded the "StokerLog" software and am figuring out how everything works.  I'll post pics and a review once I've had ample time to form a final opinion. I probably won't have time to do an actual cook until after the holiday when I get back from Texas.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DTAggie

An app for controlling a Bubba Keg?  Maybe I should have kept one of those I delivered to CRG?

DarqMan

Quote from: DTAggie on June 28, 2010, 10:01:15 PM
An app for controlling a Bubba Keg?  Maybe I should have kept one of those I delivered to CRG?

Yes, it has a built-in web server so you can control the unit from any web enabled device.

http://www.rocksbarbque.com/index.html
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 28, 2010, 10:01:15 PM

HEY! ;D you know where one is at ..... go get it!

TTNuge

Very nice!

My Bro-In-Law ended up biting the bullet and picked up a Big Steel Keg last week.  I'm still holding out hope for a deal but it sounds like it's a lost cause at this point.  I'd be happy to find a $300 Bubba Keg and pay shipping to have it sent here but it seems like the supply is finally running out.

Get's expensive in a hurry either way because I HAVE to have one of them Stokers too!  Keep us up to date on how you do with it and the StokerLog software.

Trent

classicrockgriller

I am looking Forward to getting my Cyber II up and running.

But then I don't have to use my Phone to call my Bubba! ;D

SnellySmokesEm

Controlling your smoker from your phone or over the internet.... wow, thats pretty cool!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Can you "smoke" me now?  ;D

DarqMan