Waiting for my smoker to be delivered

Started by VotTak, June 29, 2010, 09:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VotTak

And very excited about it as it will be delivered on July 1-2, so I will probably be able to do some first smoking on July 4th.
Bought digital 4 rack model in hope that it will not give me too many troubles.
Having huge plans on trying a lot of new stuff and new recipes.
Already read a lot's of posts here and I like it here.
Thanks to all of you.

Forgot to add... Staten Island, NY

DTAggie

TestRocket

Welcome VotTak,

There are lots of good ideas here and some nice people that are willing to help. Good luck! 

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Hi VotTak and welcome to the forum.  Congrats on your purchase.

Be careful where that smoke goes.  Some of your 'friends' from Jersey may be paddlin' over to see you.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Welcome to the fun VotTak!  A great place to hang out.  You have only begun your journey down the road of smoking nirvana.  There may be bumps along the road, but if you get down on your knees and look at those bumps closely, you'll notice that those bumps are nothing but the bark forming on your smoking experience!  Cherish them.  Remember there are no mistakes in smoking just opportunities to experiment!  and maybe to buy more toyools!

Newly diagnosed Bradley Syndrome. 

CAUSE: -  buying a Bradley, seasoning, worrying about the first cook, eating the first cook - then the symptoms come on.

1st symptom               Buying all the meat you can

2nd symptom              Just going to the grocery or Sams, strolling the meat market, just to "see" - can't buy any because freezer is full

3rd symptom               Bleary, hypnotic eyes from watching thermometer dials

4th symptom               Black stuff underneath the fingernails

5th symptom               Sweat tastes smokey

6th symptom               This constant huge $$$t eating grin! 

After all six symptoms manifest - there is no hope - you are a SMOKER!   We think there is no cure - we don't really know, because nobody has ever looked for one - so who cares?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

GusRobin

It is also a very contagious syndrome. You can tell when your spouse and/or other family members have been infected when they reach the point when they go from "Why are you buying all that BBQ equipment and meat?" to " What are you smoking next and when?"
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.