• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Happy 3rd!

Started by squirtthecat, July 03, 2010, 09:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Mrs and MIL are flying out to Tacoma to visit family tomorrow, so we did the '4th' a day early..

Busy day and cruddy pics, sorry.

Rewind...      Patio 'Q' setup and Head Country Treeted Goya turkey.

Bratwurst prep...  With an Irish spin.  And a healthy shot of Goya Adobo.  (took 2 bottles to get them all submerged)

Hydration is key..

Rib reheat on the Traeger.   (lots o' spritzing)

Various cell phone action shots..

Brisket and pulled pork - demolished!

Hal's Cajun BBQ shrimp.

Guinness/Goya Soaked Traeger Smoked Brats.

Ribs.

Hal's awesome improv slaw.   This is a keeper.

'Express' care package delivery for a coworker of mine - he is spending the Holiday weekend (actually most nights and weekends) finishing a house by himself.

ArnieM

I'll just HAVE to stop by when I'm in your vicinity  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Good Golly Miss Molly!

You're sure Lookin' Fine!

What a feast!

deb415611

Squirt,

Looks like a good time with great food!

Deb

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

And the best thing was that we were able to send 90% of the leftovers home with everyone..
That leaves me smoked turkey, couple of side salads, a small potato dish and a quart of Hal's slaw.

... and a big bag of frozen shrimp and Cajun BBQ braise concoction...   Stay tuned for that one.  ;)

Tenpoint5

Looks like everyone had their fill Squirt. The Patio-Q area is really coming around. Think we should have made it bigger?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 04, 2010, 07:24:52 AM
Looks like everyone had their fill Squirt. The Patio-Q area is really coming around. Think we should have made it bigger?

Next up is a roof for it...   We'll see what the budget looks like this fall.

Wasn't expecting the Traeger when I built it.  (kinda thought I would find a gently used Egg or Bubba Keg)  I'll jiggle the big rocks around a bit to get them to fit better.

It did the trick!

I was using the OBS as a warming oven...  Didn't get a pic of it full of foil pans.

hal4uk

I'm still stuffed...  ;D
Thanks again!

Care package was delivered safely (and enthusiastically received!)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

StickyDan

I think you should add an archway to the Q patio with a little sign on top that says "Heaven".  St. Peter could be handing out beers to everyone that enters! ;D

squirtthecat

After a short 5 hours of sleep, we were up again early for Church, then a blast to St Louis to drop them at the airport to catch a flight to Portland. (via LAX)

I was (finally) hungry, so I rolled into Steak & Shake for lunch.   No more cooking for me this weekend!   ;D
Ran into Cabela's for a bit...  Picked up a big bottle of "Maple Jalapeno" seasoning.   Curious to try it out on something.

Has anyone had it before?

Quote from: StickyDan on July 04, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
I think you should add an archway to the Q patio with a little sign on top that says "Heaven".  St. Peter could be handing out beers to everyone that enters! ;D

Great idea!

TestRocket

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 04, 2010, 07:44:58 AM
I was using the OBS as a warming oven...  Didn't get a pic of it full of foil pans.

Everything looks so good Squirt! And using the OBS as a warming oven is an idea to file away for future reference. Thanks!

squirtthecat

Quote from: TestRocket on July 04, 2010, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: squirtthecat on July 04, 2010, 07:44:58 AM

Everything looks so good Squirt! And using the OBS as a warming oven is an idea to file away for future reference. Thanks!

Thanks!    I wanted to get better pictures, but was too busy. (and kept misplacing the camera)

A half sized steam table pan (foiled) fits nicely on each rack.    I set the PID to 130° to keep everything hot but not 'cooking'.

Burgers
Cubed turkey
Chicken
Brats

We've got friends with a little boy w/ some serious food allergies, so I have to be a bit careful about touching meats.

On the plus side for him, he had some ribs and loved them, and my CT + Memphis rub combo has been deemed "safe for Dom".   Woo Hoo!   No more 'grilling' nasty turkey hotdogs for him...   He got a pile of ribs to eat with his semi-plain BS chicken breasts for lunch this week.

Hmmm...    He got a pile of ribs, and I just found a package of his hotdogs in the fridge.   I guess that is our trade.   ;D

classicrockgriller

A turkey dog wrapped in turkey bacon smoked in the Bradley is kinda good!

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 04, 2010, 05:08:33 PM
On the plus side for him, he had some ribs and loved them, and my CT + Memphis rub combo has been deemed "safe for Dom".   Woo Hoo!   No more 'grilling' nasty turkey hotdogs for him...   He got a pile of ribs to eat with his semi-plain BS chicken breasts for lunch this week.

Great for Dom!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!