• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Does the bottom of bds get hot?

Started by Mailman, July 04, 2010, 07:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman

Was wondering if the bottom outside thows much heat as I want to set it up on a hard plastic utility table. I dont like bending down or kneeling to read digital read outs. easier to change out water also. Thanks for your help. You all are very helpful to us newbies.
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

Tenpoint5

You should be fine putting it on the table Mailman
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mailman

If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

Tenpoint5

Mailman make sure that you put it up against something to help stabilize the table. Depending on the size of the table it could become top heavy with the DBS sitting on it and flop over on you. Especially if your using one of them little 3-4 footers
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

StickyDan

I've got mine on  a little plastic table.  Works great but I've noticed there are 4 dents starting to form where the legs of the Bradley sit.  You may want to consider putting it up on some blocks made of thin wood. 

TestRocket

Hey Mailman,

I bought a little three shelf wire stand for mine and use two tie down straps to hold it to the top shelf (also cut a piece of thin aluminum for the feet to sit on for added support) . But like 10.5 said you have to be careful because it does get too top heavy.

You can see my stand in his PIC:

NePaSmoKer

I have mine on a wire cart like that to.