• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I'm as mad as h*ll, and....

Started by squirtthecat, July 05, 2010, 05:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Ok, not that mad.  But close...

We had a houseful of people on Saturday, and a semi truck full of leftovers, so we went to work sending stuff home with everyone.

Lots of containers without matching lids...   Arrgh!  Ended up using foil and whatever to seal many of them.

And I just pulled this out of the cabinet.

Lots of lids without matching containers?    Where do they all go?   Is there some gap in the space-time continuum that sucks things out of my kitchen at random?

Anyway...   Problem solved.

(that lid has a mate in the dishwasher)

This shelf is next...  ;D

FLBentRider

I have the same MESS!!!!!

NOTHING MATCHES!!!

It takes you an half an hour to put something away...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

squirtthecat ,

I hear you about the lids. I wish that they were all color, sized and shape coded. Make them idiot proof.

At 4:30 A.M. when I am trying to pack up left overs for work it is frustrating that it takes 5 minutes to find a lid and that is usually after they all fall to the floor.

Haven't the manufactures figured out a solution yet!

Brad

classicrockgriller

Ever since I took over that dept from my wife, we don't have that any more.

We have 3 size containers. 2 by one company and the largest by another company.

When I need more I buy the same brand.

Period, problem solved.

I did just like you, threw everything away and started over.

squirtthecat

Funny thing...   Those color-coded ones in the pic are $$$ Tupperware, and I've never used them.   They'll go on the top shelf in the back, out of the way.   The heavy stuff warps in the microwave, but you hate to throw it out as it costs so much.   No more.

I'm with you CRG!  Picked up a Ziplock assortment.  Will get a matching one tomorrow.   The rest went into the trash.

MrsSTC is gone for the next 9 days...    Expect more 'cleansings' in the kitchen!

Smoking Duck

I think it falls under the same category as socks.....I'll be danged if I know where they go either!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

classicrockgriller

Besides, they will stack better, take up less space A N D .......

Give you more room for SPICES!!!!!!!!!!

StickyDan

I don't know if you guys get it where you're at, but here, the chinese food delivery places serve most of their food in these plastic containers with a snap on lid.  They must all get them from the same place cause they're all the same.  They go in the microwave, dishwasher, whatever.  If one breaks or gets messed up, no problem, throw it out and order some more chinese food.  Best of all, they're free!

classicrockgriller

The Chinese Resturant in our small town .... "Bubba's Chinese Food and Dry Cleaning"

doesn't deliver. ;D

ronbeaux

LOL! "Bubba's Chinese food"

Ours at least have some sort of asian name. I love the stuff and theirs is good!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

No delivery here of any kind, but that is a great idea...

Bubba's.   Love it!

ArnieM

Same problem here with the containers.  Nothing seems to fit together.  Open the base cabinet doors and everything falls out.

I got a couple of containers from the Boston Chicken Market (I swear I didn't buy 'em) and like some of the Chinese containers they work well.

I think the simple approach that CRG mentioned is the way to go.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

Quote from: Smoking Duck on July 05, 2010, 05:45:52 PM
I think it falls under the same category as socks.....I'll be danged if I know where they go either!

AMEN!!!  Throw 'em ALL out and buy a BUNCH that MATCH.
(I need to apply "sock theory" to my tupperware jungle...)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

I'm not ashame of my Ziplock containers.

They are inexpensive enough that if they look bad ..... toss them.

I keep NEW ones for sending food away!

I don't feel bad when the container never gets returned and the giftee has been told ....

the container doesn't need to be returned.

Winner ..... Winner.

Actually I save old containers for nuts, screws, parts to things I like to tear apart

and never put back together. ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 05, 2010, 05:38:24 PM
MrsSTC is gone for the next 9 days...    Expect more 'cleansings' in the kitchen!
I for one would be expecting the beatings to begin in about 10 days!! Cause you didn't ask her first. But I like your spunk Squirt!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!