• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Impromptu frogmat?

Started by DarqMan, July 08, 2010, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on July 08, 2010, 09:11:12 PM
Do the frogs not come cut to Bradley rack size?

frog mats from Yard and Pool are cut to the Bradley Racks size.

classicrockgriller

Ya'll work on Gizmo to extend his Vacation to include the TSO.

DarqMan

He could always just not go back when he's supposed to and show up like nothing happened ala George Costanza ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Smokin Soon

Nothing beats frogmats for ease of use and easy cleaning. Use them on the Bradley and Treager. Yard & Pool has a good stock of them. Here's some kabobs on my Treager. I usually give it a light spray of Canola to make a quick cleanup

classicrockgriller

But, they don't like High heat!

DarqMan

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 08, 2010, 09:21:58 PM
Nothing beats frogmats for ease of use and easy cleaning. Use them on the Bradley and Treager. Yard & Pool has a good stock of them. Here's some kabobs on my Treager. I usually give it a light spray of Canola to make a quick cleanup

I'll take the mushroom kabob at the bottom of the pic please ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DTAggie

Smokin Soon

Darq, I do those just for me, cause wifey hates shrooms. Garlic infused olive oil mixed with some fresh ground parmesan on shrooms is great!

DarqMan

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 08, 2010, 09:34:57 PM
Darq, I do those just for me, cause wifey hates shrooms. Garlic infused olive oil mixed with some fresh ground parmesan on shrooms is great!

Come to the Texas Smoke Out and show me how it's done ;D

StickyDan

I use foil to smoke nuts all the time.  Poke a few holes in and your good to go. 

begolf25

Just used my Frogmats for some ABT's on the Primo this weekend. They can take temperatures up to 550 degrees.

begolf25

Darq,

How are you liking the Stoker? Been waiting for a run down with pics. Or did I miss that? Been kind of busy lately.

Bryan

DarqMan

Quote from: begolf25 on July 09, 2010, 05:53:33 AM
Darq,

How are you liking the Stoker? Been waiting for a run down with pics. Or did I miss that? Been kind of busy lately.

Bryan

Bryan, my first "real" smoke with it will be tomorrow.  I plan on doing a brisket and doing pics and all.  I will say that I really like the device.  While the cook is going on tomorrow, if you want to log in and check the status of my cook I'll PM the domain I have setup specifically for the Stoker.  I'll also have tweets enabled so if you have a twitter account you can follow the cook at http://www.twitter.com/darqmanbbq.  All my "test tweets" there already so you can check out the format now if you want. 

Gizmo

Quote from: classicrockgriller on July 08, 2010, 09:24:49 PM
But, they don't like High heat!

When I first tested out several different brands and styles of screens, I took the high temps up to about 600 degrees (directly above a gasser) and did get them to burn.  Without scientific control, their claim to 500(+) degrees sounded reasonable to me.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

Quote from: DarqMan on July 09, 2010, 04:48:53 PM
Quote from: begolf25 on July 09, 2010, 05:53:33 AM
Darq,

Bryan

Bryan, my first "real" smoke with it will be tomorrow.  I plan on doing a brisket and doing pics and all.  I will say that I really like the device.  While the cook is going on tomorrow, if you want to log in and check the status of my cook I'll PM the domain I have setup specifically for the Stoker.  I'll also have tweets enabled so if you have a twitter account you can follow the cook at http://www.twitter.com/darqmanbbq.  All my "test tweets" there already so you can check out the format now if you want. 

Darq,

Looking forward to the results. Even though I have the CyberQ I think a Stoker will be in the BBQ Arsenal sometime in the future.

Bryan